Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Auto Repair Shop Recommendation « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Beach
Username: Beach

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an auto repair shop in the D. I need to get a new serpentine belt and tensioner rod. Also, the closer to my house the better, which is Woodbridge. Thanks!

(Message edited by beach on September 12, 2007)

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2093
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's a place on Trumbull north of Warren across from the Wayne State football field...I don't know anything about them though except that they're there...if the issue is that you just don't know where one is located, then that's not to far from you

Beach
Username: Beach

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Thejesus. I know of that shop, which is very close to where I live. However, what I'm trying to get is a recommendation for a credible repair shop, not to say that that shop in particular is disreputable.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 576
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Towers Garage, on Gratiot across from Eastern Market (next to old St. Joseph's Church) is where I take my car. Give them a try. I'm more than satisfied with their work, location, prices, etc.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10136
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they do the work I like the Firestone on Michigan near you.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 486
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, yes, I used to take my car to that Firestone when I worked in the Plaza Building. They were good!

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sam at Downtown Mobil on Michigan and 14th is one of the best guys you will ever meet. I have taken my car there for 6 years. They are affordable, honest and friendly.
313-961-8503

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 193
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use Campus Auto at E. Grand Blvd and Brush. They have always done quality work at a reasonable rate. They also take care of the Wayne State Police cars.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.