Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Allies rally to defend circuit judge « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2062
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070911/NEWS01/ 709110356/1001

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi- bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY= /www/story/09-05-2007/00046570 61&EDATE=

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 111
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allies rally to DEFEND circuit judge.

Thejesus

Post Number: 2066
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, thank you...now please read the articles...

they are defending her against the chief judge because the chief judge removed her from her duties, and so now they want the chief judge removed...

and their criticism of the chief judge is not limited to this run in with judge Thomas...they also don't like her because she wants to privatize the friend of the court system

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judge Mary Beth Kelly is the judge who prevented Detroit City Clerk Jackie Currie from sending out unsolicited absentee voter ballots. This practice invited ballot abuse and put into question the fairness and integrity of any city election. The electorate of Detroit responded by overwhelmingly voting Jackie Currie out of office in the next election.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read the articles.

My inclination would be to side with Kelly... but I like the hat.

Umcs
Username: Umcs

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The hat is nice Irish.

Why is this an issue? People publicly demonstrating for something they believe in. No problem. They might be wrong; they might be right. It seems a little strange that a judge would advocate this type of behavior though.

Personally, if I were running that court, I'd say what Kelly did with the juror sheets is probably a good idea. How much paper do you waste sending out requests for information? It's not the governments job to hunt you down for jury duty. Frankly, I'd be a little concerned if they did.

Thejesus

Post Number: 2074
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wtf? why was the title of my thread changed???

the topic is about Judge kelly, not judge thomas...see the second article...

the mention of judge thomas is merely incidental to the main topic...

Farrer
Username: Farrer

Post Number: 617
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tj:

Please tell us how you originally titled your thread.

Thejesus

Post Number: 2075
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Original title was "Groups rally to remove Chief Wayne county judge from the bench"...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.