Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fort-Shelby Hotel « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wpitonya
Username: Wpitonya

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have any recent pics of the renovation? It seems like the Book-Cadillac is the main focus. Is the interior demo complete? New windows in? Facade cleaning in progress?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just walked by about 1/2 hour ago...no windows yet and the outside is still dirty as hell...but you can see guys working on it and there's a contruction elevator set up on the Fort Street side...

Seems to be coming a long ok...remember they just started working on it not that long ago

I'm going to be down there again on thursday...I'll take some pics if I can remember to bring my camera

also, there's already a dedicated thread on this topic

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/100110.html?1188069036

(Message edited by thejesus on September 11, 2007)

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They keep throwing debris from the upper floors down a big metal chute into a dumpster, and it sounds like a thunderstorm rolling in. Work is definitely progressing over there.
I know some downtown residents were complaining about the noise and dust, but I for one am thrilled to see that building brought back!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.