Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Retail in downtown Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1660
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just go the following sent to me via facebook and didn't see a good current thread for it:

Retail guru Stanley Eichelbaum will speak about retail opportunities in Detroit — including the realities, potential and needs of the market — at the Sept. 12 Ideas Before Dawn.

Eichelbaum is president of Planning Developments Inc. and Marketing Developments Inc., planning and development research firms based in East Lansing and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

His firms have been responsible for the feasibility assessment and planning of more than $8.5 billion of retail and mixed-use projects worldwide.

Eichelbaum also is a professor and a director of international initiatives at Michigan State University's College of Communication Arts and Sciences.

The Downtown Detroit Partnership and Crain's Detroit Business co-sponsor Ideas Before Dawn, a speaker series about downtown Detroit issues.

Other sponsors include Checker Sedan, LaSalle Bank, Comerica Bank and the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants.

The meeting is scheduled for 7:30 -9:30 a.m. at the Detroit Athletic Club, 241 Madison Ave. Tickets are $30.

For more information or to register, call (313) 566-8250 or visit www.downtowndetroit.org.

— Sheena Harrison

Vintagesoul
Username: Vintagesoul

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish I could go to this. I think it would be utterly fascinating to hear what he has to say. I'm really curious what's going to happen here now because things are finally starting to pick up and we are getting noticed.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next 5 years....

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 397
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'd be interested to see what their hours will be when they open up shops.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.