Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Italian clothes in the Detroit area. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 488
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive developed a taste for Italian clothes-preferably designed and made in Italy. Cant beat the comfort-fit-style etc. Most of the clothes are pricey unless you catch a sale. After leaving Delray I sped across the border into Windsors Little Italy and checked out the deals at Aldos, then Anthonys and finally an Italian import shoe store. Anthonys had a lot of flashy designs-suits etc.Aldos had a nice selection of casual shirts and jeans with some good summer clearance prices until the Canadian tax is figured into the price.I cant see spending anymore than $40 dollars for jeans especially if they are ripped or faded. I can do than myself. Can any of you recommend a comfortable pair of designer jeans?
Anyways, where can I find a good selection of Italian designed - made in Italy clothing selection in the Detroit metropolitan area?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10023
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Vestery on Jefferson may have some. I'm not sure of their suppliers but they are certainly higher end.

Terryh

Post Number: 489
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jt1. Dolce Moda has some great stuff. The clothes are designed in Italia but made in far east countries. Dolces clothes are all over $60. I picked up some nice dress pants and a sharp-perfect fit polo at Dolce.

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 299
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You will have to pay top dollar and have good luck. The higher end stores at places like Somerset will probably have some but they will be expensive, but still worth it if you really appreciate that level of quality. Even in Italy now many of the Italian clothes are not made in Italy. Only the fabric is still made mostly in Italy but now many of the clothes are manufactured in Eastern Europe or China.

In Detroit, I can't remember the name of the store that is on the corner of I think Monroe and Broadway (the Broadway?) across from the Compuware building always seems like they have some nice Italian stuff in the window.

Terryh

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gianni. I dont like the flashy Italian clothes, I go for the casual look.

Frumoasa
Username: Frumoasa

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L'Uomo Vogue at 15 mile and Telegraph in Bloomfield Twp. has gorgeous window displays, and they are not too flashy, just well made and classic from what I see. Judging from the location though, I bet they're pretty spendy.

Terryh

Post Number: 493
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great im there Frumoasa! Remember the old adage from Billy Crystals character on Saturday night live: Its not how you feel-its how you look!

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4905
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry, you remind me of when Clark W. Griswold went to Italy and got into all the trendy fashions while in Italy. Hilarious.

Terryh

Post Number: 495
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I checked out L Uomo vogues website and found the prices were quite exorbitant on most items, although the button down shirts were marked down considerably. The key is to find an upscale resale shop.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 337
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There used to be a shop in Ann Arbor...a block west of Main St...right near the center of the U-M campus that carried some really nice Italian men's clothes...can't recall the name of it now and have no idea if its still there...it was located on the ground floor of the tallest building in town...right across the little street from McDonald's.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.