Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Looking for St Raymond's Alumni « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Redrose
Username: Redrose

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where are all the alumni,we are looking for you?
remember the IHM nuns? remember Fr Hogan?
How about Burler's up on State Fair? How about Greenbriars Association ?Do you keep in touch with other classmates?
We are having an Alumni Night for St Raymond's
Sept 22, 2007 7pm-11pm Freedom Hill Park
Come on up and reminisce

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Redrose, I spent 12 years of catechism there and was very glad to get away from those nuns. Fortunately, at least in this respect, my parents couldn't afford the tuition to send me to school there.

Father Hogan was pastor there during my sentence and I remember him promising that St. Raymond's would build a new high school when it received $1 million in contributions toward construction, finally getting to that level, and then announcing that a high school would not be built and turning the money over to the archdiocese.

BTW, Burlers was on 7 Mile, between Goulburn and Westphalia.

Jackie5275
Username: Jackie5275

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My husband & his family all went to St. Raymond's in the 60s & 70s. They lived on Joann 2 houses south of the church. I'm going to ask him about this million dollar high school. He's never mentioned it before.
Redrose, I'll see you up there on Saturday because my husband will drag me there with him and then ditch me for 3 hours while reminisces with his old school people. It's joy every year to sit in the shelter by myself at Freedom Hill listening to the cover band, watching everyone break into their old school cliques, drinking & talking for hours. It bores me out of my mind. This year, I'm bringing my Nintendo, and at least there is free parking.

Redrose

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie please see me over at the Hospitality tent I would love to talk to you......... I am going to have ask around too My husband also went to St Ray's and has roots there.

Redrose

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello out there alumni looking for you?
Any one remembering the old nuns and priests from St Raymonds's

Jackie5275
Username: Jackie5275

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Fr.Tom Maher is at my mom's old parish, St. Patrick's in White Lake Twp. He's been there a while, about 10 yrs. I think. My husband recognized him when we went to church one Christmas Eve with my parents in the mid 90s. He didn't remember my husband. He did a shabby job of my dad's funeral too. He gave no comfort to us as a family, and raced through the funeral mass.

Eastside_man
Username: Eastside_man

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody remmember the Boy Scout troop 66 from St.Raymonds Was the best time in the 60's.Mr. VanGorder was the troop leader.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.