Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » How was your Weekend in the D? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With such perfect weather, and so much going on, I couldn't keep myself home over the long weekend. Started off Saturday night rocking with Ted Nugent at Pine Knob, then spent most of Sunday downtown. Took my girlfriend downtown in the early afternoon to catch the jazz fest. walked up and down woodward taking in the sights and sounds all afternoon. Strolled along the riverwalk up to Rivard Plaza where we watched the boats crusie by, and were surprised to be able to hear the buzz of the GP cars as they rounded the south end of Belle Isle. Took a sun break in the Hard Rock before Funkilenium started playing. wound up at the Detroiter to grab a few beers and catch the end of the Tigers debacle. Aside from the Tigers, it was a GREAT WEEKEND!!

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 830
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamtramck Festival on Saturday
Alice Cooper @ State Fair Monday

Alas, could not find my beloved Fat Chuck's Ribs this year -- must have moved to Jazz Fest, where I'll make a point of being next year.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 766
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had to go to the inlaws, UGH

Warrenite84
Username: Warrenite84

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a great time at the Arts, Beats, and Eats in Pontiac on Saturday. Can't seem to pass up Union Jacks British style fish and chips.

On Sunday, we went to the Grand Prix. We sat in grandstand 3 where the pits merged back onto the track. With all the accidents that happened in front of us, we ended up getting an ethanol bath from ,(Helio Castroneves?), Penske race car crash. I'll definitely be back next year.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 577
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spent yesterday on a boat....2nd time all summer and loved it. Went around Anchor Bay and through a number of canals and channels in the flats....GREAT TIME!

Brougham
Username: Brougham

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

River Walk and Jazz Fest on Monday along with riding the People Mover to check out all the views of downtown D. Very nice time was had by all. Everyone seemed to be pretty up beat and relaxed the day before most are going back to school, work or maybe both !

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.