Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Dalley in the Alley! This Saturday « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dalley in the Alley is this Saturday. Lots of fun,music,food. Wayne State Area.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 602
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweet.

http://www.dallyinthealley.com /

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will set up my detroitnerd "pelt the nerd" booth. Throw rotten tomatoes at me, $1 a pop. Special discount for people with Macomb and Oakland County driver's licenses. All money will go to organized labor.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 979
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Organized labor, humm explain ill donate depending on which one? Without even hitting you with a tomato.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just kidding. Hold onto your dollars, wingnuts ...

Dan_the_man
Username: Dan_the_man

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anybody else heard that this was going to be the last dally? Someone was just telling me earlier today that the organizers were not going to do it after this year.

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 270
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe there's a shea butter and incense shortage?

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1345
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More shea butter! More incense! More and more sunglasses!

Heh. Seriously, forget where I heard it, but I hear they will not be allowing people to sell sunglasses this year. Last year was total shea butter-and-shades overkill...

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1795
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

will the ban include belts too?

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1346
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Were they overrepresented last year too? I wouldn't be surprised.

But if you're asking in earnest, the organizers are pretty good about answering inquiries. You might ask them via the web site, if there's a way to contact them there.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1796
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think the local belt impresario was hooked up with the local sunglass concern

Sailor_rick
Username: Sailor_rick

Post Number: 193
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "Dally" has certainly evolved from a neighborhood "block-party" to a jammed "Street Fair".

Yeah, a lot of its original spirit has departed but enough remains to keep it an irreplaceable Detroit original for Corridor, er Mid-Town “lifers”, part-timers and tourist nose-pickers alike.

Until it becomes the Toyota/Sun Glass Hut Dally In the Alley, it's the cat’s pajamas.

Enjoy!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5896
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm gonna attend but to me the Dally just isn't the same without the Layabouts playing there any more.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 353
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH, no, the last one? We will have to make it, it's right behind the second place we lived while we were newlyweds working our way through our undergrad degrees. I would expect tie-dye, love beads, blacklight posters, candles and incense, and psychedelic music.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 2569
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dally is off to a lovely start. We got your shea butter, belts and sunglasses, but also some groovy stuff and a guy who has prints of Detroit I have to go back and buy.

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 293
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking for a Pablo Cruise belt buckle...

;-) Have fun and pelt the Nerd for us!

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 161
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great time. We took our kids with us and they had a ton of fun. Our 12 year old son even got picked up and was body-surfed!

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 490
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was an amazing time. Great show of the diversity of Detroit.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10045
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty curious how Mom waited until just the right time to rinse the streets...just at the end of the party.

I left the Techno stage on Second Avenue for a while, walked over to Twingo's, and then the sky let loose. Cass and Forest almost flooded out, even with all the drains clearly flowing.

It was all I could do to get back and break down my video screen, it still hasn't dried out yet!

Cheers to all, what a party.

Oldestuff
Username: Oldestuff

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what the heck is shea butter anyway?

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 311
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oldestuff,

It's some sort of natural moisturizer with a waxy consistency; I'm sure it would be great for your skin if you had any left after trying to rub it in.

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 282
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, what a great event. Thanks to the Back Alley Bikes and the other volunteers staffing the free bike valet. That was so convenient.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 532
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Dally was great, as usual, some of the highlights were a lovely run through the rain, some free locally brewed beverages, my first opportunity to meet the famous Lowell, good ol' rock and roll, and some fantastic people watching...

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2473
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enjoyed the Dally last evening...heard some awesome music (disappointing that Silent Violet and Audra Kubat and Friends were the victims of some bad sound problems!)...thought Torch With A Twist was a uniquely interesting musical performance art exhibition...purchased a local piece of art...and enjoyed the people watching.

Hope this wonderful festival is continued for years to come!!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.