Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Anything out of the ordinary going on tonight? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a group of out of town friends coming in today. Do you folks know of anything exciting/new/or out of the ordinary happening in the city tonight?

I know 4th fridays is going on at campus maritus, and we'll probably check that out at some point, but what else is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Designerguy24
Username: Designerguy24

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The State Fair is going on till Labor Day 10a.m.-10p.m.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cliff Bell's has "Urban Transport". They play alot around town, but it might be an excuse to take friends from out of town to Cliff's if they've never been. It's also not a far hike from Cmart.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if you've never been to cliff bell's i highly second sharmaal's suggestion. you could also check out the post-game fireworks at CoPa for free from grand circus park.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 359
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Quicken/Rock is moving downtown tonight. There is another thread that addresses this in more detail.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 350
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

detroit festival of speed and style

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 912
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A third second for Cliff Bell's...tonight is sponsored by the Det Int'l Jazz Fest. The joint will be jumpin'.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1448
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mothra is fighting Godzilla in the river at 9:30. Be there or be square.

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 195
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

festival of india at hart plaza. good food, free music...

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Friday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Rsa

Post Number: 1243
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

frank the tank?

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?'

sorry about that. thanks for the ideas.

Rsa

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you guys are hilarious...

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 1007
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seriously, the 10th Anniversary party of Bozouki's is tonight........

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.