Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Dearborn may sell its Florida apartment tower ... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1897
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found the fact that they own this at all very interesting...

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070822/UPDAT E/708220391/1003

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How does this solve Dearborn's budget problems? They get a one-time infusion of cash to cover the current deficit but absent some structural changes, won't those deficits be back again next year?

Elsuperbob
Username: Elsuperbob

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something has to be done with it but I agree selling it is a one time solution. Maybe they should look into upping the rent. Perhaps not to full market value but at least so it makes a profit rather than break even. It's in a pretty nice spot, ocean on one side and a canal on the other if I remember correctly. They could bring in some good cash if they didn't hold down the rent.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.