Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Abandoned Property (Corner of Harding St. and Freud) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Motorcitywireless
Username: Motorcitywireless

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know anything about an abandoned Property on the corner of Harding St. and Freud on the eastside? I attempted to look it up at the City some time ago and was told "It doesn't exist". It appears to be an old night club with a marina attached. There are a few abandoned boats as well. Since it doesnt have an address; I have had some difficulty identifying it. I do have a short video clip of it, but don't think I can post it here. I do plan on taking to show the City what "doesn't exist" though. Any clues?

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3455
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This place?

It was nothing more than a residence back in the 1960s. Not sure if it was converted into a club or marina since then. What address are you giving the city?

Motorcitywireless

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes that is it. As far as I can narrow it down; It is 467 Harding, but there is no address on it. The last address on the block according to City records is 455, which I am told is actually across Freud and owned by the Dept of Recreation. Thanks for your reply

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3456
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The directory I used lists the first address north of Freud as 477, followed by 501, 509, etc.

Motorcitywireless

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has been confusing. The City Tax Records show a 455 as well as a 467, but they are not real clear on identifying them. 501 is the next house down from the abandoned one. I was told by the City that 467 may also be apart of the 501 parcel. If I remember correctly 501 is the only other house on that block and side of the street. The rest this block is City owned (looks like a fishing pier).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.