Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit Today (WDET) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 41
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So does anyone know what the plans are for this program? It's a good idea, but so far it seems kind of amorphous. At first Matt Watroba was the host, and there was often live music. Now it seems to be Quinn Klinefelter, with more talk. Are they going to have rotating hosts? Are they auditioning hosts with the aim of settling on a permanent one? Either one could work--Watroba's topics were more original, but I think Klinefelter takes more calls and handles the callers better. With everything that station has been through, it just seems as though the show needs a clear identity. The website is mysterious on this question, listing hosts for all other shows but not this one.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They advertised about a month or so ago that they were taking applications for host of Detroit Today. Matt and Quinn can keep rotating for my preference, as I enjoy both their perspectives.

I see the opening is not posted on their site, so they must have gotten their applicant quota.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jack Lessenberry would be an obvious choice that would give the show both a city and a statewide focus. Might be a good thing to have a strong voice on state issues coming from Detroit.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He would be good! I wonder if he applied?

Daf
Username: Daf

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's gotta be a weird place to work right now. Heads have been rolling for 3 years now while they've been trying to figure out their direction.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.