Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » CC Bar Redux « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 344
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This past spring I speculated that demolition and reconstruction of the CC Bar was an effort by the owners to inflate the value of the property in order to extort more money from Olympia Development rather than trying cash in on any spin off from the new arena .

I stopped by today to see if any progress had been made on the bar as work appeared to have stalled over the summer. Far from there being any progress, the bar seems to be in a state of deconstruction once again.

I am left once again to speculate. Have the owners finally sold out to Ilitch, or did the building inspectors determine some flaw in the construction that is forcing the builders to start from scratch?

Photos

(Message edited by leland_palmer on August 20, 2007)

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 96
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They've been working on it off and on. First they built wood walls. During a storm this summer, the wind blew the south wall over onto two cars that were parked on Elizabeth St. Then they cleared the debris and built some cinder block interior walls. The last time I drove by, they were digging a hole. They seem to work on it for 2 or 3 days then stop for a while.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 445
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd name that place "The Exchange."

It is going up and down like the stock market.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.