Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Crains: Living and investing in the D « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 515
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/a pps/pbcs.dll/section?category= lid

English
Username: English

Post Number: 559
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I liked it, and will show it far and wide.

My one quibble (that I know I'll get critiqued for, but here goes): would have been nice to have a family of color in that mix. Doesn't necessarily have to be African American (although the majority of middle class Detroit homeowners probably are), but a Mexican or Chaldean family would've been cool.

No other complaints!

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urban,

This was recently posted but there may have been members who didn't see the original, thanks!!

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 561
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

English, for last year's Crain's Party in the D event, a fair percentage of the homeowners who opened their houses were Black. I don't recall any Hispanics or Chaldeans however.

Buzzman0077
Username: Buzzman0077

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 3:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urban, thanks for posting, must have missed it the first time. I've ordered five copies so that I can send the to my parents and my in-laws to help show them what it is that excites me about moving to Detroit, and that it is practical for starting a family.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Inspiring issue. Thanks

Croweblack
Username: Croweblack

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

remember always split the percentage of sold/rented units in half to determine what is actually being sold or rented--especially when the developers are the ones stating the "facts"

Obviously Crane's would not have one negative thing to say about "living in the d" but this is one of the first times they actually included numbers in a puff piece about the the downtown real estate market.

An example would be what has recently happened to the Ellington--Dryer vent anyone?

Can't wait for the hotels--They can't lie about occupancy rates as long as they have a flag.

(Message edited by croweblack on August 17, 2007)

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 174
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is an excellent article/book. Where are they available. Hopefully they are available to the 20-something's in the burbs. This would make great marketing materials. They should be handing them out at Tigers games. I have never seen Detroit promoted in such a light.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1910
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is Crain's available? Well, everywhere.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/a pps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2006 0213/STATIC/60213003

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 517
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to get one at borders and they didn't have any in stock. I hope they are available though. Every Detroit college student should be sent a copy as well as Local businesses.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What ever happened to Urbanize? Did he evaporate into thin air?

Buzzman0077
Username: Buzzman0077

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ordered some from their website and it sad it would ship in 3-5 days.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.