Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Woodbridge Gunshots « Previous Next »
Archive through August 13, 2007Johnlodge30 08-13-07  12:40 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Seconded. This is ridiculous.

Bumble
Username: Bumble

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Better that they see the roses and candy Detroiters shower on each other every day.

Hugo8100
Username: Hugo8100

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those were fireworks.

I haven't heard real gun shots for a couple of weeks.

It's been thankfully relatively quiet since those two guys were shot at the Sunoco station a few months ago. We heard gun shots the four nights previous to that particular shooting.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 247
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After reading these forums for the last 6 months, there definitely seems to be a clique if you will of self perceived cosmopolitans that would really rather not communicate with the blue collar-not so swank suburbanites. Anything they say can and will be interpreted as racial and anti-Detroit.

No offense,just an observation.

The sensitivity lends credence to the claim or insinuation. Just ignore it. It's all perception.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I haven't heard real gun shots for a couple of weeks."

How frequent of an occurrence is this where you live?

Hugo8100
Username: Hugo8100

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thejesus, from my window I hear them about once a month or so. In the winter it's much more infrequent. I like to think it's just some Freedom Place kids shooting off into the air or something.

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2555
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sstshmoo the name for those you describe is...assholes........

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thejesus,

As a person (due to circumstances beyond her control) who spends a lot of time at The Tuscan Cafe in Northville, I have heard regulars refer to Detroiters as "those people"? The first time I heard it I almost spit out my extra dark French Roast. Gee, what do you think they mean? I'm not saying everyone in N'ville is a racist, but honestly that's the first time I've ever heard someone use that "euphemism" and was shocked.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 561
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"those people" refers to those of us who have to live where they actually shoot guns in the air for fun....Freedom Place, its all in the name, Freedom.

Freedom to shoot in the air, Freedom to walk in the street. Freedom to not wear a belt, Freedom to loiter excessively, Freedom to spray paint everything, Freedom to stare at any woman who walks by, etc etc etc...

I love living so close to Freedom Place.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 395
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a suggestion regarding this thread. My neighborhood in the city (not Detroit mind you) has it's own web site. If there are concerns or questions regarding daily life in the neighborhood, they can be addressed at that site. Usually responses are much more relevant and deal with the specific concern. Having recently just toured Woodbridge, I could see a site established to deal with the questions and concerns of that neighborhood. That way, all of the dribble that comes across from people not having a stake in the community can be avoided.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 118
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gunshots once ........... why?

Gunshots twice .......... bye!

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 281
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just can't resist - from one of my favorite musicals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q80m6zjCyIE

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good suggestion, but I think some people rather like the name calling, finger pointing, chaotic "discussion". It'd be great to have a site for true resident concerns, but how does one prevent dribble in that site as well?

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 875
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard this story in church in Dearborn Hts yesterday from the middle-aged woman who figures in the story's own mouth:

On Friday evening (I believe just past), this woman took her mother and sister downtown to dinner at Slows. They had just parked on the street and were heading to the restaurant when some guys drove up and jumped out of the car, put a gun in the woman's face and demanded money or something. She used the alarm on her key fob and the guys took off, but not before taking the woman's hand-bag and scaring all of them out of the City and its vaunted come-back.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt this story as the lady appeared very credble. I wonder if crime isn't much worse than we think. I, by the way, do live in SW Detroit.

Thejesus

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oakmangirl:

I have lived in Northville for only about 6 months, so I can't speak for the city, but normally when you hear non-black people referring to residents of a predominantly black city as "those people", they're referring to black people.

I'm not sure what your question has to do with this thread, but I hope my answer has helped you out.

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 459
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard suburban black people refer to Detroit residents as "those people" too. I'm not saying the white people in Northville using that phrase aren't specifically referring to black people, but there seems to be some kind of city/suburb distinction in that phrase as well.

Thejesus

Post Number: 1831
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^you may be right...I think they're referring to "those black people in Detroit" in the example above, and not necessarily all black people,

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thejesus,

I was being sarcastic, sorry. I know full well what "those people" means. I'm just disgusted that people won't live in the city largely due to racism and will use pejorative terms to speak of other races. My question had to do with race which has become tangential to this thread.

Thejesus

Post Number: 1834
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^well, I guess I don't understand what the point of your post was then. Anyway, welcome to the board.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "It'd be great to have a site for true resident concerns,"

This is why they are saying "Those people" because you have made it clear to them you want to be and are part of a different group.

The first post you admit you were in Northville and it was "beyond your control" in other words, you'd rather not be. And you were drinking a Super-duper double dark french roast latte'. You think you're better than they are and they can sense it.

Sorry for the "dribble", I'm just an uncouth un-cultered suburbanite. Time for a coney.

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sstashmoo,

Au contraire, those N'villians (ha) SEE me as the outsider and look down on me; they can't sense a six figure salary aura. Plus, they don't know where I live. Their verbal reference was not aimed at me; they were specifically referring to crime in Detroit.

"You think you're better than they are and they can sense it."

Huh?!? I have no idea what you're talking about. Why would anyone driving a Lincoln Navigator feel intimidated by my little hatchback?

For the record, I was drinking straight coffee, and it's "drivel" not "dribble".

Thejesus

Post Number: 1835
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sstashmoo:

Great observations. I was basically on the verge of a move to Detroit a year ago, then I got a whiff of this anti-suburban arrogance that seems to be so prevalent among downtown residents (in part from people on this board), and decided that I wouldn't be comfortable living among "those kinds of people", especially as someone whose was born in and has several fond memories of his hometown of Livonia...

Hopefully this will change as the demographics of downtown Detroit continue to change over the next several years...I'll check back in and see

Tkshreve

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Good suggestion, but I think some people rather like the name calling, finger pointing, chaotic "discussion". It'd be great to have a site for true resident concerns, but how does one prevent dribble in that site as well?"

Who do you mean when you say "some people"???

looks like dribble to me Oak lady.......

(Message edited by tkshreve on August 13, 2007)

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha ha, Tkshreve. I simply didn't want to imply that ALL people in the forum like it.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aw come on, stop it already. Who cares where you live, what you make, what race you are. Are you all good people? Do you like Detroit and want to see it propser? OK, end of conversation!

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 769
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I 2nd that! (JLodge)

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, guys. I agree; see the ShotSpotter thread I posted.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1367
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

then I got a whiff of this anti-suburban arrogance that seems to be so prevalent among downtown residents (in part from people on this board), and decided that I wouldn't be comfortable living among "those kinds of people", especially as someone whose was born in and has several fond memories of his hometown of Livonia...

1. This board is not representative of downtown residents.

2. A great many of current downtown residents are former suburbanites.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9804
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

then I got a whiff of this anti-suburban arrogance that seems to be so prevalent among downtown residents

Nothing like letting a handful of people represent your perception of thousands. It is really amusing coming from the person that is the first to defend the suburbs when the actions of a few ignorant suburbanites are brought up.

Hypocrite.

Tkshreve

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge,

have you put any thought into the mayoral election? I believe your problem solving skills have what it takes to rebound this up and coming metropolis.

While simply put sir, I have to reaffirm the fact that the aforementioned questions you pose are the primary platforms that many contest to be the leading cause of disarray in the CoD.

Furthermore, you may only see people quarrelling in circles over and over, yet I view it as an opportunity for different groups to mix, debate, feel each other out and hear real examples of what they stand up for and what they want changed. Most don't end with a cinderella kiss, but I can say that people leave from these little bouts a bit more informed as to why there is so much weight put upon local tri-county differences.

and yes, I really do believe that I am good people, although a little persnickety from time to time. Please find a way to overlook my sarcastic ice breaker.

Jt1

Post Number: 9805
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone that uses the word 'persnickety' ever really be bad?

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1709
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tkshreve, overlooked. I assume you are insinuating that my attempt to stop the bickering here was a bit simple for a deeper rooted problem. No, I think debate and mixing is great, but this thread was jacked and became just another DYes Race and City vs. Suburb argument, that really is not constructive in any way.

Sometimes I think it is too easy to fall into those fights, and was simply pointed out that I believe many of us would like to see the same things happen, although it may come out differently.

I was also bummed that on a day that Lowell was on the radio promoting the forums, this thread has stayed up at the top, and is really quite a negative introduction to anybody visiting for their first time. Hopefully, if there were any new visitors, they found some of the other more informative and interesting threads as well.

Thejesus

Post Number: 1836
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1:

Actually, it wasn't just a few...but thanks for playing.

Asshole.

Jt1

Post Number: 9808
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And there are more than a few assholes in every suburb. Yet you always seem to be defended the suburbs and writing the assholes off as the exceptions.

Why doesn't it work both ways?

Thejesus

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^I think you're confused. The incident that you and I have discussed in the past was the Walmart fiasco...there, we had two racist rednecks arguing against our Mayor and city's planning commission, and a bunch of idiots (I beleive you were guilty of this as well) took the statements of the two rednecks' to be representative of our city as a whole rather than the statements of our elected officials...that simply doesn't make sense...

So in that case, observers got to hear both sides of the argument, and most people understood that our elected officials are more representative of the rest of us than a couple of Miller-Lite-from-a-can-drinkin g-NASCAR-fans that live behind Wonderland mall...

I, on the other hand, haven't observed much pro-suburb sentiment from your elected officials to counter all the suburb-bashing I've seen from Detroiters since I began taking a serious look at the place

(Message edited by thejesus on August 13, 2007)

Dbc
Username: Dbc

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, can you really blame people in Detroit for having a bit of a chip on their shoulder toward suburbanites? I grew up and lived in Canton for almost 18 years, lived in Chicago for three, and have been in DC for the past ten.

That said, I have NEVER seen such a condescending and negative attitude for the core city than from suburban Detroiters and outstate Michiganders. My grandparents lived in the city up until I graduated high school, so I spent a lot of time in Detroit and still always try to visit it and Hamtramck when I'm home. (Sorry, but I love Detroit, and Ford Road does nothing for me. Just my preference.) Anyway, whether it was in high school, college, or since, I never understood the frequent shock and disbelief from a lot of people wondering why I would ever go down to big, bad Detroit.

Especially fatuous, is the pride some people have in actually boasting how they refuse to visit Detroit. In most places, people take pride in the core city, or are at least indifferent.

None of that suburban sprawl would exist if people hadn’t fled Detroit and then tried to avoid it like a plague. Given that my experience has shown that the unfair and inaccurate image the rest of the country has about Detroit is typically perpetuated by people from the area or the state – look at the Freep’s forums for corroboration – I can’t blame Detroiters for being just a tad defensive.

Tkshreve

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dbc.......

Detroit Boat Club?? curious.

You should carefully consider the fact that many people have left this city shunned for many reasons. Some may be more justifiable than others, but in each of those cases it is safe to say that the exiting parties were left with a bad taste in their mouth because of one or several incidents that may have occurred while living in the city. That is why they are insistent upon sharing their views

Job Loss, Violence, Vandalism or property destruction, the riots, gunshots, poor schools, lack of city services, poor health care, alternative opportunity, etc. are examples of that. While those negative incidents may not happen daily in all sectors of the city, you can not deny they are repetitive hazards people see all too often (minus the riots).

So give a burber a break.

Dbc
Username: Dbc

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My first name starts with a b and I'm in DC. Thus, dbc. I figured it would be easy to remember, and I was hoping no one would ever ask me because it's incredibly lame.

As for your point, that is the refrain I often hear, and I understand why people left. Hell, all of my family left Detroit, too. However, I just don't appreciate all the vitriol.

Plenty of people across the country left their core city for the same reasons and EVERY core city in this country has too much violent crime. But, I've just never heard the same level of nastiness elsewhere, and we have people from everywhere here in DC. My experience has been that most other people either don't go down to their core city anymore or are indifferent. Back home, however, there is a literal HATRED for Detroit.

I just don’t get how it can be that personal and how people seem to pass their loathing of Detroit to their kids. I mean, how can people expect the city to get better if they refuse to spend money there and constantly bad mouth it to their children and outsiders? I truly believe some people want Detroit to burn to the ground – again, check out the Freep’s forums for corroboration. It just seems so sophomoric, not to mention absolutely counterproductive. Despite what a lot of Michiganders may think, when most people throughout the country and world hear Michigan, they think Detroit and vise versa. I’ve even met people who’ve never heard of Michigan, but know of Detroit.

Tkshreve

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

could it be a law of averages that so many people berate the CoD? It is a very large city with a former large population.

I must say that of other cities I have been to in my life, I did feel more comfortable navigating around the various core downtowns in relation to safety. I am no goof, and I know that going downtown Detroit can be a lot of fun, however you should be: aware of your surroundings, know where you are going, familiar with the street structures and don't act like an idiot. That is commonly referred to as street smarts. Contrary to that, some of those cities I was speaking about before have a little more leeway in regards to not requiring street savvy. AKA - you can bumble around and probably not be targeted as someone to exploit.

Those cities include Portland, Raleigh (quite diverse also), Columbia, and a few others.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 254
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is changing and these folks need to know about it. There needs to be some mainstream advertising in other towns and get the word out. It's definitely a place to visit again.

Much of the media is perpetuating the old identity. A few ads will slow it down and help.

Regarding the suburbanites, most want the city to succeed, The inner city residents have to realize as many have, they need heads with hip-money and the burbs is where it's at.

Good news on the pharm group announcement today. 600 jobs over 5 years.

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Digitalvision-

ha! I know the co-creator of that play...he's a lawyer & from Florida but sarcastic enough that he could be an honorary Detroiter

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 562
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so did anyone else hear the gunshots??????

lol

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^They were fireworks.

Now back to the topic, I hate the suburbs!

j/k, lol

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to belabor this thread any further but feel I owe an apology. I didn't intend to "jack" the discussion and have it end up debased into a nasty free for all between Loyalists in the city and Deflectors in the burbs. Wow, I didn't even know what jacking was.

Anyway, my point about the conversation I overheard in Northville was that it's not uncommon for things to turn quickly to matters of race as this post did early on. Frequently, when I hear people in the suburbs speak of Detroit, they do so positively about the Tigers or Greektown, when the conversation turns to crime or gunfire, the words also turn ugly. So when there's a post about crime or gunfire, race inevitably creeps in. Disclaimer: This doesn't happen with all suburban dwellers, and I bet some city residents think things they would never publicly articulate! Race matters though it shouldn't.

Tkshreve

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Detroit is changing and these folks need to know about it. There needs to be some mainstream advertising in other towns and get the word out. It's definitely a place to visit again."

This is a great idea. Probably lacking the funding, but still a great idea. They should even run those ads in the suburbs to attract locals back to the city. Spend some money down there.

One form of original advertising that the city has done over the past 5-8 years includes the excellent sports teams Detroit has been blessed with. We were named Sports City not to long ago by some official association of some sort. But by having such great professional sports teams, I think it puts a lot of spotlight on the D as it is.

Bless You Bad Boys of Hockey Town

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think watching the aerial footage during the SuperBowl, of the city lit up like Christmas, and spotlights panning the skies, was quite the advertisement. I know I was very impressed by it, and I see it all the time!

Mackcreative
Username: Mackcreative

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could someone start a new thread for this argument, since it is no longer about Woodbridge.

Bussey--I did not hear gunshots Sunday night in Woodbridge, but we are pretty far South in the neighborhood.

Dead horse, meet foot.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mack..someone asked me recently about a design award that was given to the new Woodbridge development. Do you know anything about this?

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 887
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read the Detroit Convention Bureau will spend about a million dollars this year to advertise Detroit in outside markets - meeting planners, potential tourists. Tourism campaign in likely cities to attract tourism: Cleveland, Cinci, grand Rapids. Print and radio

Tkshreve

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The gunshots were actually fireworks, i think.

end

Mackcreative
Username: Mackcreative

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't know about that specifically, but I would venture to guess it pertains to this project http://www.aswdetroit.org/hous e.htm as opposed to these: http://www.woodbridgeestates.c om http://www.belmardevelopment.c om/bbv.htm

Jacaden
Username: Jacaden

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "gunshots" were indeed fireworks (commercial grade according to one of my neighbors who went out to investigate w/bat in hand!). I literally saw one round of them from my bedroom window before I ducked back under the covers. I live on the northern end of Woodbridge on Commonwealth. I am not sure what they sounded like elsewhere, but they were certainly firecrackers/works. Everyone on our block was talking about it the next day and as it has not happened again, as of yet, I imagine that the "hipsters" responsible (not "Freedom Placers" in this case) have been "dealt" with by the appropriate Woodbridge "authorities."

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.