Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Motels in the city « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rockcity2windycity
Username: Rockcity2windycity

Post Number: 192
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have family coming in this weekend and i want them to stay in the Detroit. Anyone know of any reasonable priced motels in the downtown area or not to far from the downtown area? It doesnt have to be the ritz but im not looking for the no tell motel either. Somewhere clean and for under $60 a night if possible. So if you can give me a name, phone number or website i would greatly appreciate it. It doesnt have to be downtown but close to it off a main street.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 408
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Days Inn Downtown Detroit

The Days Inn on E. Jefferson seems to have rooms available.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 92
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shorecrest- E.Jefferson. Can walk to the river from there.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 559
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second Hpgrmin on his recommendation the Shorecrest on East Jefferson and Rivard. It's a short walk to the Rivard Plaza and the Riverwalk and Greektown. Hart Plaza and the rest of downtown, while a bit farther, is also walkable. Also, the attached Clique Restaurant is a Detroit institution for breakfast.

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corktown Inn
1331 Trumbull St., Detroit, MI 48216

~$60

I've never stayed there, but someone reviewed it and said it was fine.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1460
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rockcity2windycity, where did you end up sending them, and did they enjoy their stay?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.