Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Husak brothers Dodge dealership in Dearborn « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Little_buddy
Username: Little_buddy

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember this place. I used to live next door to them in Dearborn and wondered whatever happened to it.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 64
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were on Michigan ave 1 block west of Lonyo on the southside in Detroit when I knew of them.
"starts with an h, ends with a k, right in the middle is a usa. the husak brothers are the dodge boys with the white hats."
A listing under auto dealerships in the hall of fame forum shows they were once on Mich Ave 4 blks west of Livernois, so maybe as the times changed they just kept moving down Michigan into Dearborn.

(Message edited by karl jr. on August 12, 2007)

Algbr
Username: Algbr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When Husak was in Detroit they were at Michigan &
Martin. The dealer that was on Michigan one block west of Lonyo was Thompson Chrysler.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I worked as a mechanic in that area I thought they where right across the street from jerry bielfield ford where sophias bakery is now. This was in the 1974-1979 time frame, so the mind may be slipping. What corner of mich and martin where they S.W. across from telways?

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3727
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At Martin, it would have to be the SW corner, where the CVS store is. The corner by the library is too small, and the other one had a building very unsuitable for a garage/dealership.

Algbr
Username: Algbr

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 7:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was the SW corner. Across the street was a Pontiac dealer, but I can't remember the name.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.