Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Downtown Dance Clubs « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Arclight
Username: Arclight

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Going to the Tigers game Friday night and need suggestions for a fun dance club after the game. We are in our mid thirties.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 238
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're in to electronic music, definitely check out Bleu. Most of the crowd is in their mid-20's I'd guess, but you wouldn't be out of place by any means. Just a warning - the sound system rocks, and they turn it up quite a bit.

http://www.detroitclubscene.co m/ is a great place to check if you're into the EDM (electronic dance music) scene.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plan B, Envy, Ellisium, or Esko.

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 960
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as a frequent downtown cluber, i will tell you that its pretty "thugged" out on Saturday nights. Friday night there is usually a younger crowd. If your in your thirties, you might not find a dance club that you like. Your most likely to have a better time at Mosiac and Centuar.

Cgunn
Username: Cgunn

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those are bars, not dance clubs. Deluxe Lounge (Greektown), and Floods are not geared to the younger crowds. You might want to try those out.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 955
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i wish thug culture would die

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep wishing, Steelworker.
From what I've seen, it's only growing.In 10 years, I speculate it will either be considered "mainstream" or the only thing that still is mainstream.
This has all been discussed before, but it has to do with how well you raise your kids.
These dance clubs are a prime gathering spot for the proud "thug element". They are just drawn to these places.I hear firsthand accounts of goings-ons at the Zoo Bar and trust me, it's not encouraging.

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 141
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody been to Esko? I've been wondering what that place is like.

Tigers2005
Username: Tigers2005

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elysium

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 307
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Esko = overrated.

One of the DJs on Saturday night told me to come because they play house music. Instead it was remixed pop crap you hear on the radio, but with more dancable beats. I guess if that's what you're looking for in a dance club, then by all means go.

But if you're looking for dance as in techno, electronic, etc. then check out the site Wazootyman posted.

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 962
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vinvetties on library is actually cool. but again, can get thugged out. there is actually a guy with a metal detecter there before you enter. once in your older the small lounge places with a little bit of dancing here and there are better

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 142
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

spidergirl- Thanks for the warning. That does not sound like my cup of tea. If i need a good dose of techno. I usually go to the works on a friday. Northern lights is a pretty cool club too.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leland City Club!

...just kidding...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.