Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Good news: Univision WUDT 23 moves to Penobscot from Troy « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 266
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news for downtown, Univision, formerly based in Troy, is now in the Penobscot building.

Full press release:
http://www.earthtimes.org/arti cles/show/news_press_release,1 55759.shtml

Not Quicken-sized, but, add 12 to the worker count (plus 8 future hires!)

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1791
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's good news...a mere 20 employees but good news nonetheless

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5057
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Downtown Collection"??

First I've heard of that term...

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 891
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Downtown Collection" is the name that Farbman uses to market the Penobscot, First National, and Cadillac Tower.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 416
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I noticed that too. They're all nice buildings, but usually when people talk about the top 3 buildings it's the Penobscot, Guardian, and Fisher Building.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1526
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The future of Michigan is going to be based on a few jobs, here, a few jobs there. Small business with its flexibility will be how we get job growth with good paying jobs. These few jobs here and there sometimes turn into companies like E-Prize that end up being a success and add growth and jobs. I know Univision is not a small business per say, but every addition of one job is something to cheer.

Izzadore
Username: Izzadore

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Univision!

You're right Bob.

I think people get starry eyed when they see large corporations show interest (and it is a good thing to have them around) but the smaller firms have been the backbone of Downtown for so long. And, small firms don't get any credit.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9831
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Univision locating closer to their highest concentration market can ONLY be a good thing.

Izzadore,
Your last line is a sorry truth pun. Kudos, even if you didn't plan it.

Cheers!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Univision is not a small business per say, but every addition of one job is something to cheer.

I also think it's a good sign that corporations, like Univision, are choosing to locate their regional offices in the central city (like they do in every other metro) rather than the suburbs.

*per se

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9757
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think some of the far right crazies are going to protest outside the building asking to see the new employees 'papers' :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.