Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » CVS Robbed? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Joymac
Username: Joymac

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone know what happened at the CVS on Jefferson on Tuesday, August 7th? Saw it on my way to work. Looked like someone drove a car deliberately through the doors.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 517
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you mean I cant park here?

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Drive-through pharmacy.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently that was one of the lazy Detroiters Jt1 was talking about...he decided he'd rather steal a car and crash it through a store window than go stand in line for a job at Walmart

Joymac
Username: Joymac

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you all are funny! Lot's of robbery going on in the city currently. they installed a steel roll down door by end of day.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't this the same CVS that the fence got stolen from?

This kind of stuff has to stop - this is why people look at the city and are hesitant about investing. Where are the cops?

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fence was stolen from the Walgreen's down the street.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 108
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good question digital. Where are the cops??

If you look right down the street, the old 5th Precinct is still there. I like how the reader board said "Thank You" (or something) for the longest time. I wonder if it still reads that way?

and stealing a fence sounds pretty difficult, but where there's a will........

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 963
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have a friend that works at cvs, they get robbed all the time. so does walgreeens. walgreens actually pays you an hourly premiem if you work in a "city" store.

Trying_2_stay
Username: Trying_2_stay

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The store manager thinks it was an inside job, something to do with the security guard, he was robbed too, with a gun on his side. Just layed down on the ground with everyone else AND gave them his wallet.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 268
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We talk about all the good things in the city, but I hate to sound like a broken record but it does all come down to security.

What's the number one perceived objection I always hear about the city? Security. It's all crime and security when I hear people object about investment, about going down, whatever - and having lived there, there is some truth to it.

Not that you're going to automatically get mugged (in fact the opposite), but there is a lot of fear because the police do not respond in all areas in a timely manner, and that has been widely covered in the media. The slow response stories strike a lot of fear - and that fear stems from, "if something does happen to me, no one will help me."

That kind of fear, for the majority of the population, is petrifying.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 818
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The hometown paper here two weeks ago reported on a rash of CVS robberies around the Clawson/Madison Heights/Ferndale area.

Boy those suburbs are really going down hill aren't they? Where are those lazy cops? People are refusing to work nights there anymore because they are so scared.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 100
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Ferndale and Madison Heights are being targeted, I'm willing to bet the criminals are from the D.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 821
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But, of course. And Stephen Grant was also from the D.

NOT!!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.