Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Why should I feel sorry for these people? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 402
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=20077080703 57

Nice doing your homework before not paying your property taxes for a few years.

I don't see anything in the story about her disability and what is keeping her from working.

These people are dumb and are paying for it. Period.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 443
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those shifty shady 'brokers' are fair game for any hustle-burglary-armed robbery that may come their way. PERIOD!

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 558
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

com·pas·sion pronunciation
n.

Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on August 07, 2007)

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 780
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, Johnnny. This family did not deserve to be cheated.

321Brian must be bitter about something.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not bitter about anything and I'm not sticking up for the shady ass broker.

I just don't like newspapers and tv news pushing us to feel bad and actually help these people. It seems like they are in the paper or on the news every few months.

Funny how nobody ever asks them how many years they didn't pay their taxes and if she worked or not.

They shouldn't have had to get the mortgage in the first place.

All they had to do was pay their property taxes like everyone else. And if they thought they were exempt maybe they should have checked in to it before just not paying for a few years.

I feel bad for the situation they are in now and think the "lender" should be punished but I don't feel sorry for them and wouldn't give them a penny.

Read it before you sign it.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How does post traumatic stress syndrome require one to use a cane?

I'm with Brian on this.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 562
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Read the article again. It states that the man has physical and mental disabilities from serving in Vietnam.

People are screwed over every day by fast talking sales people who place their commissions above the needs of their customers. Many of their victims are elderly, disabled, not capable of fully understanding or just place too much trust in mankind. Either way IMO it's repulsive that someone was willing to mislead the family of a disabled veteran into an agreement that almost cost them their home.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to the article, the husband has physical disabilities. Their house was paid for/paid off ten years ago.

If the husband mistakenly believed he was exempt from property taxes, it seems he would have been corrected immediately after the first taxes were not paid in 2004. Many people believe that deferred is synonymous with forgiven.

The couple did not deserve to be scammed, but they do deserve our compassion.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.