Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Archival Collection Now Online « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I'm new to the Forum and a Detroit Native. I appreciate your kinship in trying to revive Detroit, or at least in appreciating its history but admit that I'm a little more cynical than the lot of you. Nonetheless, I can't believe all the bickering out here...it's like one, big unhappy marriage.

Maybe you know of this? I wanted to share this site of archival collections, "The Making of Modern Michigan", maintained at www.mel.org - the collection culls from both private and public sources including Burton. Mainly, it seems to have an automotive industry focus.

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome and Thanks for sharing.

Stromberg2

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9663
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump.

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Goat. You gave me a much needed metaphor for an article that I'm writing!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4064
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice Collection Oakmangirl, welcome to the forum.

Lots there, gives meaning to the old saying the the internet is like trying to drink from a fire hose!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 692
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great info Oakmangirl, and welcome to this forum.

Oakmangirl

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.