Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Work going on at Colony Club « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Downtown_dave
Username: Downtown_dave

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2310 Park Ave., across (east) from the Town Pump. This building hosted Superbowl activities for ESPN.

Owner Chuck Forbes is completing a lobby repainting and extensive ceiling restenciling with copper leaf trim (I think), plus new interior doors and moldings. Exterior window frames have been repaired and repainted.

Not sure its planned use. Just took a look at lunch today and looks great - a fine old building coming back on Park Avenue.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5052
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great to hear.

Can anyone find any pics of that glorious 2 story Louis XV Ballroom on the 2nd and 3rd floors, where the arched windows are?

I tried Google (10 pages) and the Forum archives, but I couldn't find any pics, although I know someone posted some 2 years ago.

That room (with chandeliers, plasterwork, paneling and sconces) has to be one of the most elegant public spaces in all of downtown.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this close: http://tinyurl.com/2z2gdj

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1682
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to hear, that building serves as a bit of a disconnect between Fox Town and Town Pump/Centaur. I'm sure Sean Harrington is pleased.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5068
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlottepaul, I'm not sure what that is a picture of, but it is NOT the 2 story ballroom of the Colony Club.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guess there aren't any pics out there.

Pete
Username: Pete

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That picture actually looks like the library in the DAC. I can't say for sure, but it might be.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.