Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Is this not Coney Heaven? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just curious if anyone has some interesting stories involving these cherished institutions. As a WSU student, I remember seeing the honorable Jerome P Cavanaugh and retinue at the next table at 2 am Sunday Morning at Lafayette Coney.

http://s195.photobucket.com/al bums/z214/justbeamensch/?actio n=view&current=ConeyHeaven.jpg

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lafayette all the way

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to work in the Lafayette Bldg...part of my job was delivering paperwork to offices all over the city. I had to go in front of these two every day. I love the smells...but it always made me hungry! Lafayette was my favorite, but if it was too busy I would go to American. Ohhhh...those were the good old days!

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[URL=http://img502.imageshack.us/my .php?image=img0023oi3.jpg][IMG]URL]

How to get to Lafayette

Corktown_paddy
Username: Corktown_paddy

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too many choices, Daly's more known for burgers made a wicked dog.
I loved Gus' at #1 Woodward (I think)
The little bit I have travelled the country every time I've been gone more than two weeks, I make it a point to hit National or a Kerby's within a day after getting back.

Titancub
Username: Titancub

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish they were 'exported' to other parts of the US or at least in the midwest. When I'm away from the D for stretches of time I go thru withdrawal of coneys.

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 261
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When did they add the giant barcodes to Lafayette's? ;)

Has anyone been upstairs?

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 889
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

please do not export them! these are the kinds of things that make a place like Detroit special and unique!!

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 119
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barcodes...now that's funny!! Those vents are how they lured everyone in...all those smells pouring into the street! How could anyone resist?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.