Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » National Train Show at Cobo This Weekend!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4958
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This weekend the National Train Show, of model railroad builders will be at Cobo Center.

Lots of interesting train layouts, including some spectacular LEGO buildings:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=2007707270422

The Penobscot and Stott Buildings are seen in the Freep photos.

Take your family for a fun event. Kids will love it! (So will the grownups!)

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am tempted to go just to see the detroit lego buildings. I will have to verify that all of the setbacks are correct on the Penobscot. :-) Actually, in that photo, the Penobscot looks a bit too stretched vertically (to be picky), but I think it may be an artifact of the photo angle.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The NMRA is coming to the Redford theatre tonight for a screening of the Buster keaton silent comedy classic "The General" with live accompaniment on the Redford's Barton theatre pipe organ. This event is also open to the public, $5 admission, plenty of free, supervised parking.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1981
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker and I saw "The General" at the DTOS many years ago. It is fantastic!
It is a wonderful experience to see and hear the sounds of the past.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.