Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Riverfront website « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rivertowner
Username: Rivertowner

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all. I hope you'll pardon the shameless self-promotion on my very first post, but I thought some of you might be interested in the ongoing chronicle of life and redevelopment along the Detroit riverfront at http://www.eastriverfront.com

Some of you may also be amused to know that I've been reading the forum since 1998. I was trying to go for a full decade of lurking, but alas...

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 392
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beautiful site and welcome to the forum.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Rivertowner... Nice site. I saved it to my faves. I am glad the D-Cut is finally going to happen

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great site, I saved it as well.

Unbelievable all that was required to get this far with the D-Cut.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4004
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum Rivertowner.

I have added your site to the DetroitYES Detroit Links.

Parkguy
Username: Parkguy

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rivertowner-
Such an excellent blog! I enjoy your writing. I just subscribed!

Grosseile
Username: Grosseile

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rivertowner
Nice website, I bookmarked it along with my other Detroit websites.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 824
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can confirm that the Dequindre Cut Greenway IS currently out for bids, I have held the bid ad in my hands

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 592
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you have now replaced Trainman as my favorite website self-promoter

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 337
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on the endeavor! The more exposure of Detroit to the world the better...well, even if we all like to call it our own. :-)

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 256
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice blog. BTW, the Tri-Centennial lease was not signed as of yesterday much to the DNR's chagrin. The DNR is seeking more permanence in the leasing arrangement. It's getting closer...

(Message edited by fishtoes2000 on July 26, 2007)

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice Blog. Good luck, and Godspeed. I look forward to watching your star rise, alone with the city! <313>

Rivertowner
Username: Rivertowner

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the encouraging comments - they're certainly appreciated.

On the TriCen lease, Fishtoes2000 was right...the City signed the lease, but DNR has yet to sign. Evidently they're dissatisfied with the term of the lease being 30 years plus two 30-year extensions.

Interestingly, the Riverfront Conservancy also supposedly tried inserting themselves into the negotiations at the last minute, angling for a provision that the state park land would revert to the Conservancy if the DNR ever defaulted on its obligations. The Conservancy treads an awfully fine line sometimes between developing riverfront greenspace for public benefit on the one hand, and sucking up as much land as possible on the other...which raises a few red flags owing to the Conservancy's ultimate lack of public accountability and not-so-subtle domination by General Motors. Funny that the local media seem to conveniently overlook that aspect.

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

the City signed the lease, but DNR has yet to sign. Evidently they're dissatisfied with the term of the lease being 30 years plus two 30-year extensions.

From what I know, they are not dissatisfied with the lease term length. They are dissatisfied in a lease clause allowing the City to take back the state park land. The DNR is seeking a long-term solution. They don't want to put a lot of money and effort into making a great park only to have the City take back the park land later for something such as private development.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.