Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » UDM Dental School Fees « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 868
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am considering sponsoring a young relative for much-needed orthodontia.

As the fees will be all my responsibility, I'd like to save some money.

Anyone have experience with the UDM dental school clinic that you can share? What about costs?

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My daughter is getting her ortho done there. Nice work, good price. Her total bill is $3300. Thousands less then the other quotes we were getting.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 5460
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I highly recommend them.

After a car accident I had, it cost me 9 months and $8,000 of dental work there, but it was probably 1/3 to 1/2 of what it would have cost using a commercial dentistry option.

The students that I came in contact with were very concerned about providing me with the best possible options, and always their decisions were monitored by their instructors.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6258
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian and Jams,

If you have an HMO and PPO they would cover all of your dental work in no time.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 5467
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel I must relate this

Several of the students that worked on me were females with small fingers, while the instructors were males with larger fingers.

I definitely prefer a dentist with small fingers working in my mouth.

Southwestmap, if your fortunate enough to receive a student, as I had, that was accepted into the orthodontia program at UD/M Dental School you'll have the best of the best.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.