Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » New feature on Detroit landmarks « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 806
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I've decided to start a feature on my blog. I collect old postcards of Detroit. Many of them have fascinating correspondences on them. What did these folks from the country think of the bustling city? Why were they here? Where did they go? Sometimes reading the back (if you can make sense of the archaic cursive) is more fun than looking at the buildings on the front. So, to start things off, I took a look at the old Downtown YMCA.

If you'd like to read:
http://callmequami.livejournal .com/144794.html

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 389
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love the blog. The post cards are great, and the stories about your house are great as well.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 807
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, 6nois. I appreciate it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.