Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Shores Theatre « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 716
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any news regarding the Shores Theatre? Last I heard, it was to reopen July 1.

Pdombr
Username: Pdombr

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think renovations are going to be starting soon. I had read a while back that there was issues with neighboring business' about the parking situation. I think the issues where resolved. I hope the place opens back up soon.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 718
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were originally supposed to reopen for Spiderman 3 on May 1, then the date got pushed forward to July 1. I would hope that they were about through with renovations.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 359
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to City Council members remarks during meetings, the issue is still in court.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6253
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well its after July 1 and the Shores Theater is still not opened. Folks from the St. Clair Shores might want to head up to Star Theaters on Gratiot Ave. and 15 Mile in Clinton Twp.

Pdombr
Username: Pdombr

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the only other community that is as hard on business owners is Grosse Pointe Woods. They make running a business, very difficult. Unless you are a bank.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, people like McFayden make it really easy, as long as you kick back some love her way. For example, her meals at Waves are gratis.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4909
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Other area business worry that the insufficient amount of extra parking for theatre patrons would impact those other businesses. Many on the St. Clair Shores City Council agree.

The Shores Theatre expansion would have meant the loss of 21 parking spots. The theatre wanted to include dedicated parking a block to the north that was owned and used by South Lake High School.

But as is usually the case, theatre patrons would try to find the closest parking spots, thus hurting other restaurants and businesses along that strip of Greater Mack.

Applesauce
Username: Applesauce

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish they'd hurry up. The Shores is a huge part of our little community.

Details can be found here:

http://shorestheatre.com/

Goose
Username: Goose

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vote Lee Bertolo for Shores City Council....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.