Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Anyone besides me watching detroit swat on A&E « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 787
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just happened upon it, cool to see the SRT doing its thing on the streets of D

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 706
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've watched a few of them a while back. Better than all the sick stories they have on Animal Cops. I can't watch that show.

Wouldn't it be cool if every job allowed you to have cool nicknames/codenames like SWAT guys have? :-)

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't watch that animal cops show, either. I feel like committing murder when I see what those savages do to those animals. It's revolting.

but the Detroit Swat show is pretty cool.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which projects are they in right now?

Swbaby12345
Username: Swbaby12345

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which channel is it on? what times?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 536
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AE thursdays at 10

Bushay
Username: Bushay

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's on again tonight at 2:00 am on A&E

Rockcity2windycity
Username: Rockcity2windycity

Post Number: 156
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the best show is the one that comes on right before detroit swat. its called first 48. they follow homicide detectives from different police departments. its said that the first 48 hours are the most important in solving a case. they used to show detroit but they stopped showing them. i don't know why. also, detroit swat doesn't come on every thursday. they rotate between detroit, dallas and kansas city

Lawnmowerman
Username: Lawnmowerman

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They used to show Detroit but they stopped showing them. I don't know why."

Its makes a boring show in Detroit when they can't catch the perps in first 48 hours.

Erikto
Username: Erikto

Post Number: 564
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw one episode where the cops took something like 5 minutes to knock down a door, and not because they were slackers- that was one bad ass door. The company which made the doors should use that footage in an ad campaign! I think the cops themselves were caught off-guard because it looked like a normal front door, not like some biker-bunker affair at all.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching that show last night. I applaud the bravery of those men who go into situations like that every time where they could be killed or injured. My son was part of a similar team in Virginia Beach VA. On one raid, the guy going in the door first was killed...my son was right behind him. Thankfully he was able to take out the druggie who killed the officer.

and yes...it's cool to see them on the streets of Detroit "doing what they do"!

Rockcity2windycity
Username: Rockcity2windycity

Post Number: 157
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

being the first one thru the door is a position they all try to achieve. i guess it's an honor to be the first one thru

Dbest
Username: Dbest

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya I watched the show and found it a little boring (watching them train etc..)but that shootout was crazy, Windy I agree with you that first 48 is a great show, but WTF why is Detroit never on this show anymore? Sorry but Dallas is so overplayed and Im tired of seeing them on first 48. Give me more Detroit!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9587
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I enjoy it. It is good to know Detroit has some very talented people in their police force. Too bad they don't catch that many criminals...

Kid_dynamite, kind of like Mike Vick?

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat....what an barbaric asshole Vick is. I think he'll get cut form the Falcons for this and no one will pick him up after that. If he does keep playing, I hope he fractures his spinal cord the first game back. What he did was inhuman.

Jyogi
Username: Jyogi

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of my neighbors here in the burbs is a team member for Detroit SRT and I have seen him on the show a couple times. I really give it up to them, they have the hardest job in the PD and give 110%
These guys are on top of their game and also do quite a bit for community relations.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9590
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't go so far as to wish harm on the fool. But I am sure the feds have a very good case against him considering how quickly they indicted him.

Agreed Jyogi, now if only the rest of the force was as professional and good at their job.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.