Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit Beer Co. topic revisited « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 457
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recently there was a thread regarding the Detroit Beer Co. Some people were bashing it while others praised it. Here's an article from today's Freep.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070719/ENT08/7 07190336/1041

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Speediness varies."

I agree.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 977
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We ate there a few weeks ago. It was okay, nothing to rave about. I had the Fish & Chips with a few pints of their IPA. My daughter had the Shepard's Pie, she liked it.

The Mens Room was disgusting and there was no paper towel roll in the machine, I told the manager on my way back to the table. I went back in there 30 minutes later before we headed over to The Well and still no paper towel roll to dry hands on. No biggie, though the waitress we had was partially brain dead and not all that good. It took over 25 minutes for the food to arrive at the table.

We had a table outside and two panhandlers came up looking for handouts, they were not satisfied when I offered them a few of the waffle fries and ketchup.

(Message edited by quozl on July 19, 2007)

Wilus1mj
Username: Wilus1mj

Post Number: 204
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go for the beer...$1 pints after ballgames with ticket stub. No hurry, relax...no smoking up- stairs....i'm good!!

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2122
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You thought DBC's bathroom was disgusting and the panhandlers annoyed you, so you went to the WELL?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 751
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DBC has GREAT food which trumps average service any day.

Quozl

Post Number: 978
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Well had paper towels in the john and we did not encounter any panhandlers. We were only in there about an hour then moved on to Greektown.

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DialH, just because you don't like The Well doesn't mean it's a horrible place.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9607
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It might not be horrible but it is a stretch to complain about the cleanliness of a bathroom then go to the well.

Quozl

Post Number: 980
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I expect a place like the Detroit Beer Co. to have clean bathrooms with paper towels and toilet paper. All I expect at The Well is a cold beer. If the john there is clean that is considered a bonus.

The bartender was okay though the bald white dude with the Greg Allman whiskers under his beefy lip from Woodbridge constantly hitting me up for a beer and trying to get it on with my daughter was disgusting.

Motorcitydave
Username: Motorcitydave

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been going to Beer Co for years, have lived a couple blocks from it for 2 of those years, and have never really had a complaint... and the menu is one of the better menus of any restaurant, at a great price!

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 973
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to the Detroit Beer Company a couple of weeks ago after City Fest.

They were not busy at all. Tiger game was on.

Food was o.k., if that. I had a burger - the bun was extremely soggy on the bottom. The Mrs. had some type of sandwich and fries - she said it was o.k..

The bathrooms were trashed - no paper towels, no T.P., no soap.

The strange thing was they were out of two of the three "Detroit" beers I tried to order.

I was hoping the evening was a rough night for them, from what I heard from people before.

Hooha
Username: Hooha

Post Number: 144
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beer Co. is a decent place, but I basically go there because of the location and the word "beer" on the sign. Couple of things I've noticed is that the beer is good but always out (the beer menu is horribly out of date), and the food is good but sandwich items are average.

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The munster chicken and blacked catfish are out of sight and the beer is pretty good 2

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.