Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » What happened to the urban decay website? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of my favorite sites for pictures of Detroit and abandoned architectural gems used to be www.urbandecay.ca, which had pictures from most cities in the US. The site doesn't seem to be working-if someone could try it and see if it works I'd appreciate it. If it's not my computer, the site must have been dismantled.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 836
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not familiar with that site, Dustin89. Who would want to photograph urban decay anyway? That’s for losers.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 952
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Who would want to photograph urban decay anyway? That’s for losers.

This dude likes to photograph urban decay, he must be a loser...
http://s148.photobucket.com/al bums/s22/bulletmagnet69/?

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I apologize for not mentioning this site on the forum a long time ago. It was a very hard site to find, even w/ Google, and I just stumbled on it one day. There were great pictures, and quite a few pages of Detroit pics.

Erikto
Username: Erikto

Post Number: 565
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was the first poster there! I might also have been the first to give up on it, things were slow... I haven't been there in a while. The guy who started the site built it slowly over a few years and he used a bunch of Lowell's pics early on (with credit, and I assume, permission). I offered him some pics of Toronto decay and housing projects (social housing and condo/ townhouse layouts have interested me for a long time) because his hometown content was a little lean... two unique downtown layouts (the rather elegant Don Mount Court & labyrinthine Alexandra Park) were obvious omissions. He has a terrific collection from many other cities, though, from Jo-burg to Sao Paulo to Glasgow, along with American cities one doesn't see too often.

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 851
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl, never heard of him, he he he. And those shots, yikes! King of the Losers, he.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 767
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the website decayed!

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 853
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yvette248, I think this URL has become a derelict on the internet sea, a rudderless hulk of a site, sinking slowly into the world wide abyss.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.