Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Bus driver whomps rude straphanger « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/13689919/detail.html

Remember, folks, use "I" statements. People don't like sentences that start with "You need to ..."

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 2863
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to excuse the driver's behavior, but isn't it illegal to distract a bus driver in such a manner?

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 753
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can't hit a woman like that.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2346
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another large cash payout from the overflowing city coffers, coming up.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just when the drivers had people feeling sorry for them. Nice way to boost ridership.

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can't hit people like that. if a woman threw her bottled water at my face, I'd throw it back at hers in the same manner. maybe harder. It's not like she didn't start it anyways. Granted, he overreacted, but still. You can't throw a bottle at someone's face and not expect retaliation.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9580
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Another large cash payout from the overflowing city coffers, coming up.

We have a winner. My guess is 250K

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think there needs to police officers on the busses to protect the riders.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened to the WCSD?

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2349
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget about the 2nd woman...

And the emotional distress that the son will suffer...

And then the history of violent outbursts that will come up regarding the driver that DDOT knew or should've known about...

You have so many causes of action here.

Whatever happened to the good old days of governmental immunity?

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2217
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a Pulitzer Prize winning line the reporter wrote for the article:

"Charges may be filed on both sides. Police said the driver may file charges against the passenger and the passenger may file charges against the driver."

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ride the bus every day. The shit these drivers put up with.
Seems every other loser that gets on, and when the bus starts moving, has an expired transfer card, or not quite enough money.
Sorry, but I go to work expecting to not get projectiles thrown at me. I'd give anybody who did the beating of their lives.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no mention of race? come on this is Detroit! We gotta know the races of those involved so we can all make racist comments.....

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isnt there a law protecting bus drivers against assault?

Its clear she assaulted him.

Others states have laws that will get you 7 yrs for this.

Sure, she can sue but she was wrong and probably won't win much but medical.

the good rev

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerome: Heh. Wait for the Freep mug shot, and the resultant flood of racist posts.

Jerome81

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

detroitnerd-
you said what I was thinking. I apologize as i must have mixed this board up with the freep boards :-)

i'm sure she can get into trouble for assaulting the driver. However, I doubt that gives the driver the OK to get off the bus and deliver a beat down. No matter how much she might have deserved it.

Some people. When did throwing crap ever become acceptable?

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4688
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The bus driver kept it real

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NEW DETROIT MOTTO

Keepin' it real: One lawsuit at a time.

Pdombr
Username: Pdombr

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lmas

Jerome81

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when keepin it real goes wrong....

Why
Username: Why

Post Number: 62
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

black on black crime. I woulda kicked her ass myself.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1763
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't blame the bus driver really.

I don't care what situation they were in, when a person needs a beat down, especially after interfering with your work, then give it to them.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6218
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who's at fault? The D-DOT bus driver or the woman passenger? I would say the woman passenger for her bad attitude and now it affecting her child.

However all D-DOT buss drivers must avoid being bickered at by any passengers less they physically fight back and then they would be suspended and or be on police custody. " Blame the adults." LIKE KWAME SAID, "Let's blame the adults." For their sins has passed on to their children.

That's another reason why more Wayne County sheriffs need to be added on the city busses. Looks like another D-DOT green flu strike coming soon. Let's hope those D-DOT busses run tomorrow.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 537
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah, no strike.

Listen, I ride DDOT all the time. In the old days, it was not at all uncommon for the driver to physically remove a passenger from a bus (as in, toss out the door). This is, oh, 20 or 25 years back. Nowadays, they tell me they aren't allowed to do that but I still see it, albeit more infrequently. Also, some of us passengers would not be averse to helping deboard a passenger should the need arise.

It's a shame the driver will probably get in some trouble for this; they shouldn't have to put up with this kind of nonsense.

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a scene out of a comic b-movie to me....a little more role model consciousness from the mom and a little more professionalism from the driver would have gone a long way.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.