Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Baby boomers book on Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Twilight68
Username: Twilight68

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend and I are compiling a book of baby boomer memories of Detroit. We're looking for witty, humorous or just poignant stories/recollections of your favorite Detroit icons, from Soupy Sales to Bob-Lo rides, from Lafayette Coney to Bill Bonds. If you're interested in participating, please email me at williamt@xavier.edu, subject heading "baby boomers book."

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 638
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump - there are lots of you with pretty good stories to share with these folks, so I had to bump.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baby boomers. Sheesh. One would think they were the onliest generation ever to walk the earth.

I was born between the "greatest generation" and the "baby boomers" during the great depression. I guess I was a depressed baby, or something like that.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 706
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Twilight68,
Do you have a publisher?

Twilight68
Username: Twilight68

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not yet--but we are submitting a proposal to Wayne State University Press.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.