Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Eating @ Slow's BBQ for the 1st time tomorrow « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm having lunch at Slow's for the first time tomorrow. What should I get?

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beef brisket. trust me

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9506
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are your food preferences. I have enjoyed everything I have tried there but it has been a pretty limited portion of the menu.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4388
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blackened Salmon(if they still serve that), and teh Mac and Cheese...

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 341
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second the Beef brisket + NC Sauce
Side of Mac & Cheese
Side of Waffle Fries

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the suggestions guys-I'll let you know what I think.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 188
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What should I get?

A life?

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

for real.

Vintagesoul
Username: Vintagesoul

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

beef brisket or the chicken. get the mac and cheese and/or the waffle fries with cheese. you won't be disappointed. =)

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am going to McDonalds on my way home...any recommendations?

Seriously, why does ask this question about this place....everything there is great, get what you like to eat!

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blondy, Ask for the Arby's melt. It's not on the menu but sometimes if you ask, the chef will make it for you.

(Message edited by Crew on July 06, 2007)

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 747
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep,you should get a life.
enough about Slows

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3178
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because it's so fashionable/trendy I guess. Just like people have started threads after they go to Slows, telling us whether they loved it or it fell short of expectations. People just get excited, I guess.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 970
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rar I'm going to post on your thread to tell you how stupid it is and to get a life, rar rar! While not at all considering that my post is even more pointless! rar!

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2104
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy crap, you just described 85% of the threads on here.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, thought you were in Saugatuck??? Get off the laptop and enjoy the scenery!

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4658
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dustin, I prefer Popeye's for some good bbq but hey, it's your choice man.

Bbrocker
Username: Bbrocker

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, I just joined this forum. I'm afraid to post now for fear of attack.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1526
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bbrocker, trust me, you will get attacked. Here's a tip, "When Being Attacked, Let the Baby Have His/Her Bottle." In other words, ignore them, especially if they refuse to listen to your side of the story. Don't let them scare you away. We're all human here and we all have our own opinions.

Welcome To The DetroitYES Forum, The Most Controversial Site About the City of Detroit on the 3W.

(Message edited by Urbanize on July 07, 2007)

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 768
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Post only well-thought-out, intelligent, gramatically correct views (as I do) and you won't have too much to worry about.

Who in hell picked your username, anyway?

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1527
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like the post just above. That question wasn't well thought-out or mature.

He should have asked "How Did You Come Up With Such a Unique UserName?" It would have been both polite while getting his point across at the same time.

You'll have to watch out for that as well. There's not too much politness on the site either. It's a Dog Eat Dog site really.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4484
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Welcome To The DetroitYES Forum, The Most Controversial Site About the City of Detroit on the 3W.

Moderator please move this to the hyperbole thread. I don't know about controversial but it's certainly a website with increasingly dumber participants. Thank God for the occasional DialH post to balance out the double-digit IQ's yammering on about what to order or how moving to Ann Arbor is abandoning Detroit but moving to another time zone isn't.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 769
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanize: Get serious. My comments were meant (obviously, to most) to be humorous. How could you seriously think anyone would post those comments unless they were tongue-in-cheek? (Need an explanation re: the last phrase?)

Bbrocker: see what you started? Hey, your screen name is great, and I'll bet your first name is "Bob."

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.