Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Top memories of the fourth in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 679
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok ...we did summer memories...how did your family and friends celebrate the fourth?

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 760
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad thru M-80's on the lawn at our house on Farmbrook after the backyard BBQ. We kids were sent out to re-light any UXB's with his cigarette. Scared the poo outta me when there would be one with a fuse an eighth inch long. I still have most of my digits. We drank plenty of Fago, and the adults Stroh's and Piffers.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3156
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Often, I was in Mackinac/w, but when at home the day normally involved a grill-out and then a free fireworks show by turning our chairs toward Balduck Park.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We would beg for money on the Southfield Freeway at Joy off ramp. Just another day for me.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.