Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fenders Tavern at the Omni « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone been to Fenders? Is it the type of place a casually dressed riverwalker could stop in for a beer and catch a Tigers game on tv?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Might be easiest just to call: (313) 259-9500

But if you insist on us doing research and sharing our views:

To answer the second part of your question first in the words quoted from their web site: "Enjoy watching sports games on one of our three plasma televisions or enjoy a game of pool."

Now your first question, my fraternity for the last few years has had its formal dinner/dance at Sinbad's and then stayed at the riverfront Omni. Not to put the classiness of that Omni down, but we did run about the hotel drinking and we were not dressed up...

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Classy.

Nyct
Username: Nyct

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we're getting married at that hotel in August and have been in fender's a few times. no one is ever in there so i doubt they'll make a big deal about being casual. it didn't strike me as that kind of place anyway. you'll be fine.

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 28
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.