Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » 3-D Pride of Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the St. Joe’s Senior Class that had just graduated in 1945, there was a kid named Bonaldo
Binaldi, better known in school as Bunzo. That is a good alliteration, especially if you add Burt,
like in Burt Holiday. Ron Fredianelli was a couple of years behind us and he eventually became
Ronny Gaylord. To Detroit’s everlasting musical and comedy pride, they became The Gaylords
and later, Gaylord and Holiday. They had permission from Brother Malachy to perform over the
school’s P. A. system during lunch hour in the cafeteria. They performed to a very enthusiastic
audience. Mainly, their peers. We, his classmates and friends, unanimously agreed, that whatever
they lacked in talent, they more than made up for it with king-sized balls. They were gutsy!.
Bunzo’s family had a music store on Gratiot and (I think) McDougall, or close to that.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 742
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom thanks for that tid bit of Detroit musical history. As I am not that familiar with this group, can you tell me if they recorded here, and on which label? What is the name of that record store on Gratiot?

Caldogven
Username: Caldogven

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom

The Binaldi's had a store on Gratiot and Mc Dougall. I would go past it on my way to the Eastside theatre and wish I could have one of the great Easter baskets that were in the window.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 962
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bulletmagnet, you probably have heard or seen them, and you just don't realize it!

They created a lot of "jingles" if I am not mistaken.

http://www.thegaylords.com

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel you are headed to the hof!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.