Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Underwater Borders « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 477
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im interested in a good maps showin the location of borders in Lake Saint Clair. Do any maps show county borders in the water? On Wikipedia they list Macombs area including water and I dont know of any sources that show the water border up close. I have seen maps with out much detail showing border (Evidently Macomb touches Canada in Lake Saint Clair.) What authority does a county have in those waters? Would a Saint CLair Marine Sheriff have authority in Macomb Waters? I am just curious about borders in the waters around here and in Michigan. ANyone got any info?

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 165
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You may want to consult the USGS maps of the area (1:250,000 series).

I would imagine that the water borders of counties continue in a straight line from the St. Clair beach to the Canada border. That is, if the border between Oakland and Macomb counties is an exact east-west line at the beach, the border will continue due east into the Lake until it hits the Canada border.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still waiting for the day when Homeland Security says we need an actual line drawn on the river bottom, protected by Homeland Security's Elite SCUBA Force, armed with 007-style harpoon guns and mini-sub drones.

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 697
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can view political boundaries in Lake St Clair using American Fact Finder which is Census data.

I think you're wondering how a certain media hound sheriff in Macomb County can patrol Gull Island which is in Clay TWP. The first link below is to Clay. Just high light Clay TWP and click map it. You can also search for county boundaries. Search for St Clair County.

http://factfinder.census.gov/s ervlet/AdvSearchByPlacenameSer vlet?_command=getPlacenames&_k eyword=clay&_programYear=&_pla cename=&_geoBucketId=&_treeId= &_state=26&_lang=en

http://factfinder.census.gov/s ervlet/AdvSearchByPlacenameSer vlet?_lang=en

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.