Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Chrysler ME 412 supercar.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4613
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was looking at some older links of this car and I am still blown away by it. Now with the changes at Chrysler do you think this dream car will ever be produced or has it been slashed for good? Would Cerberus ever go for this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C hrysler_ME_Four-Twelve

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4614
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

text description of image

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

put a V6 in it and sell it for 25K. Think that won't make money???

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those oversize wheels with the skinny tires look dumb to me. Seems like hitting any Michigan chuckhole would take the tire to the rim and bust the bead. But they sell.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1472
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This concept car will be one of four concepts on display at the Walter P. Chrysler museum in Auburn hills on Thursday July 12 for the museum's popular cruise night. Every other Thursday the museum is displaying a set of four different Chrysler brand concept cars, in addition to the over 200 cars (of all makes and models) that grace the museum's parking lot. The museum features free admission those nights.
The cruises start at 5:00PM and end at dusk.

http://www.chryslerheritage.co m/pdf/CruiseNightsFlyer07.pdf

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 727
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a chance. We will be lucky to see the continuation of any performance products (SRT), or the Halo car/the Viper. I think these will be sparred, but I would not hold your breath for anything exotic.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No way.

Cool car. They got a lotta other garbage to fix before they go blowing their load on a ridiculous supercar.

Why
Username: Why

Post Number: 48
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 6:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who cares? The rest of the world (outside of Detroit) doesn't!

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2808
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the back, it reminds me too much of a Crossfire.

It also has the stain of Daimler-Benz design in its lines.

And I'm not too sure how a V-12 will sell on a broad scale.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1475
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It fulfilled its mission as a dream/concept car--to show what Chrysler's styling department is/was capable of doing, and to test public reaction to certain styling trends or effects, some of which may trickle down to production cars.
Chrysler stands out as the domestic styling leader since the early 90's, and some of their concepts did go from being a one-off show car to being a production car with minor adjustments--but not every concept became a production car.

How's that for stating the obvious?

(Message edited by 56packman on July 01, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.