Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Atlas « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Prenkert13
Username: Prenkert13

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey i was just curious if anyone remembers Atlas Beverage. And if ya do what was your fav beverage from there. I know alot of people remember the Bulldog ginger beer, and i want to say Frosty root beer. I miss that place!

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 926
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh for a minute i thought this was going to be about the atlas bar in hamtramck

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

search this site for some threads regarding atlas. Here is one:

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/76017/77674.html

Ewarrenave
Username: Ewarrenave

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you remember Brownie Root Beer? I drove past the warehouse back in the 80s and was amazed to see it still open at that time. I promptly pulled over and bought a case right from the warehouse.

I believe it was on the east side of Conant, but I'm not sure if it was considered Hamtramck or Detroit.

- E.WarrenAve

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 590
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh for a minute i thought this was going to be about the atlas bar in hamtramck
______________________________ ___________________

Hey Steel, have I seen you there before, as we're practically neighbors!

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 99
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is still a Brownie Rootbeer ghost ad on the side of that building on Conant.

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 691
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not Atlas foodland in Waterford? :-(

Prenkert13
Username: Prenkert13

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just curious since my grandfather and his brothers, ( my uncles), and most of my aunts and uncles worked there and wanted to see first hand how many remember and maybe miss it. If you have any questions on it, Ill do my best to answer. Also if you were in the shop in the early 90's before its demise, you probably say a lil kid running around, which was me. I miss all the pop.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought this was going to be about the guy in the painting in the main library!

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 222
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't that the cheapest beer in town?
Not the same as Altes.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 223
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The old Altes building
Altes Building

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 226
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was a kid, every family party (graduation, communion, etc.) meant a case of assorted Atlas pops. Dad would drive us over (about a mile from home) and my brother and I would run through the warehouse picking out our favorite flavors. Of course as a real young whipper-snapper, I'd go for the strawberry. As I matured, though, I lost my fondness for kid-typical pink "mustache" and switched to cream soda which didn't leave a mark.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found this in a Feb. 17, 1962 Metropolitan Club Dinner-Dance booklet, way back in the section of "Compliments of" type ads which were purchased by local businesses to help defray costs:

Atlas Bottling Co.
12170 Conant
Detroit 12, Mich.
TW 2-3838

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 931
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

detroitej I go to that bar once in a while about once or twice a month.

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad owned a place in Hamtramck. Lemon and root beer were always a fav.

I purchased a few bottles from ebay for nostalgic memories. vernor's and Faygo too.

the good rev

Jyogi
Username: Jyogi

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to get Atlas soda at the Schvitz back in the 90's. That was the last time I had it :-(

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.