Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Warrenites, Remember Toni Moceri « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Concon
Username: Concon

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As the only Moceri running for Warren City Council this August 7 (not to be confused with the candidate for Warren Treasurer), seriously consider giving one of your 9 Votes for an intelligent, classy young lady, Toni Moceri.

Note: WARREN

City Council primary ballot is crowded
From field of 42, at least 5 will be new members
June 24, 2007

BY DAN CORTEZ

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A collection of political newcomers and veteran city officials are among the 42 hopefuls vying for nine seats on the Warren City Council in the city's first election impacted by term limits. ***
some people who weren't born when Fouts was first elected are making a bid to replace him.

Toni Moceri is an example of a new generation of candidates. She spent time studying in London and Germany after graduating from the University of Michigan.

Moceri, 28, also has spent considerable time studying urbanism, and as a young candidate in a city where a large percentage of the voters are seniors, she said she hopes to bridge the gap.

"If there's going to be a healthy community, there needs to be an intergenerational community," said Moceri, a graduate of Cousino High School. "There should be some way to bridge and increase communication."

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1799
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a good Italian. Detroit has a lot of good Italians.
SO, I guess this is why this non-solicited, non-paying political advertisement for a Warren office-seeker winds up on the "Discuss Detroit" Forum(?)
Not complaining, just wondering.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4603
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She graduated from my HS two years before me...I kinda remember her. Good for her!

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2327
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to have a friend named Tony Moceri and he also lived in Warren. Strange

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 799
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any relation to the developers Moceri?

http://www.moceri.com/

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you use the words "classy and intelligent," it's doubtful she'll fit in on that bickering, five-ring circus, white trash fest that is the Warren City Council.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Her MySpace page is errr, interesting,

http://www.myspace.com/committ ee2electtonimoceri

Patrick

Post Number: 4605
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She won't stand a chance even though she'd be better than anyone on that council. Warren is full of pathetic blue-collar retirees with that entitlement mentality. They argue about the lamest shit such as the purchase of one book at a library.

Ewarrenave
Username: Ewarrenave

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is not a place to pander for votes.

Warren has become what Cicero is to Chicago.

Patrick

Post Number: 4607
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

North Warren versus South Warren with 696 acting is the wall.

Concon
Username: Concon

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As the one who posted this message, I am amused at the reaction.

A former Detroiter (Pershing High, 1947), I simply crossed 8 Mile to help build the third largest city in Michigan.

I suspect that over one half of Warrenites came either from Detroit or Hamtramck.

Most would agree that voting is THE PRINCIPAL CIVIC DUTY of a citizen so it's difficult to understand why anyone would object to basically a reproduction of an article in the Detroit Free Press.

If the Warren Council is criticized for discussing the purchase of a book, then is it not desirable to discuss some possible replacements?

Lastly, if any message is repugnant, it is so easy to skip over.

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 86
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, I find the Warren city council meetings rank perhaps a notch or two above the Detroit council meetings.

Both are good examples of how government can go terribly wrong...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.