Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Can you believe this? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 821
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 5:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got an e mail this evening. Saw an E mail from someone I don't know but what the heck, I read it anyway. The scam isn't even a good one! See the attached and laugh or cry cause some stup will fall for it.

Subject: FROM MR RICHARD AGESE CHAMBERS
To:
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 5:27 PM

FROM MR RICHARD AGESE CHAMBERS
1515 CIRCLE GATE P.M.B 1076
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.
PRIVATE MEMO
Dear Friend,

I am Mr. Richard Agese ,an Attorney at law, and the personal lawyer to Engineer Dr Alfred A. Corbeil, a foreigner who used to work and owned Corbeil Oil International in Burkina Faso, Herein after shall be referred to as my client. It may interest you to know that , I got your contact at the office of the Chamber of commerce and Tourism in Ouagadougou Burkina faso as I was going through some directories. On the 10th day of August 2003, my client, his wife and their two children were involved in a car accident along Ouaga - Bobo express way while arriving from a Holiday to Bobo.

All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then, I have made several enquiries to their embassy to locate any of their extended relatives and this has also proved unsuccessful. I am contacting you to assist in repatriating a fund valued at USD$13Million,(Thirteen million United States Dollars),left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Security Finance Firm where this huge amount were deposited.

The said Security Finance Company has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have his account confiscated within the next twenty one official working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 4 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.

Therefore, I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 30% of the total sum as gratification, while 10% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer, internal revenue tax and also telephone bills, while 60% will be for me towards any profitable investment in your country. All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legal framework and legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

I expect your urgent response indicating your full interest in this great business transaction to our both mutual trust.Please i advice you reply to my private e-mail address for privacy and confidentiality (richardagese03@sify.com) Kindly give me the information below to enable me establish you in the bank as beneficiary to my deceased client.
1. NAME IN FULL:.......................
2. ADDRESS:...................... ........
3. NATIONALITY:.................. ....
4. AGE:.......................... ...........
5. SEX........................... .............
6. OCCUPATION:................... ...
7. MARITAL STATUS:............
8. PHONE......................... .........
9. FAX:.......................... ..............
Best regard,
Richard Agese Esq.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We get probably 10 or more of these types of scam emails a day!! It's amazing that anyone can fall for any one of them!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4216
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is on the Detroit Craigslist.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ rnr/1078288994.html

"UPDATE YOUR PAYPAL INFO (SCAMNIA)"

quote:

This is a new scam going around (so our bank told us),& dumb ass me fell for it.It only cost me & my wife $1,095.00 & still
counting.This scam tells you to update your PalPal info within 24 hrs or be suspended.This email that i replied to with all of
my PayPal info,came from Barcelona, Spain.This email asks for your full name,address,city,state,phone #,card #,pin #,sec code
# you know those 3 numbers on the back of your card,banks name,etc.Guess what dumb ass me fell for it hook,line,&sinker,&
now our bank acct is in complete disaray.I started posting this in items wanted catagory,but the MIGHTY craigslist GODS kept flagging my post.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2837
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just fuck with them. It is fun! Wasting their time just might save some clueless web surfer's bank account.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4218
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just trying to find a cheap way to get one or more of the $5000 cashiers checks to hang on my wall, without giving them any personal info. Any ideas ?

Signed,

I.P. Freely, Harvey Wallbanger, Ivan Ben Bushed, etc. :-)

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2202
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.419eater.com/

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1788
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Burkina Faso? Are all of the internet servers in Nigeria overloaded?

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3060
Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ouagadougou" used to be called "Sogomogobogoyogowogodogo"..

hahaha !

Now sing that to the tune of "Istanbul"

LOL

"So, if you have a date
In Sogomogobogoyogowogodogo
She'll be waiting in
Ouagadougou....."

Jita1
Username: Jita1

Post Number: 131
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's interesting that they weren't so bold as to ask for your SSN or bank account number, yet. If you give them the initial info they ask for, they'll ask for the more personal stuff. Don't respond to the e-mail because you could end up with a worm. I wrote back to one of these scammers a couple of years ago, claiming I was an FBI agent and they were under investigation. My ISP detected a worm and stopped all of my outgoing e-mail. I had to call them and ensure them that I ran a virus scan on my computer and they removed the e-mail block. I wonder if they got the message, though...LOL

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.