Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » "ER" - Did 'ya see it? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3840
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When it was announced that this would be the last season for the show, it was said they were going to try and get some of the earlier cast members to come back on, I understand George Clooney was approached and he said he didn't know if it would fit into his schedule.

What a surprise and treat it was to see Dr. Ross and Carol back together on the TV screen. And Dr. Benton! All in one episode.

It was a total surprise for me because I had not heard any rumblings or build up for this episode.

You gotta hand it to George Clooney - he's a class act for coming back to the show that really gave him his start in the BIG time.

Gosh, I'm gonna miss that show so much. What to do on Thursday nights???

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 510
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw it too, Erie. It was a great show...I was sort of hoping that they somehow found out that the kidney went to Dr. Carter and they would go visit him. But yes, it was great to see everyone on the show again.

I had heard that Clooney was going to show up before the season was over...and the promos for this episode showed Carol saying hello to someone...so I figured it was going to be him.

I too will miss the show...but the show "Eleventh Hour" which is on in the same time slot is also very good. I DVR it while I watch ER.

The star of Eleventh Hour is the guy who played the "Crown Prince" in the movie "The Illusionist"...which is one of my all time favorite movies.

Hope to see you and your family at the Garden sometime this summer!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9611
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw Dr. Green in the previews for this season, but I thought he died?

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 511
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He did...but his character was in a flashback. The new ER attending had Dr. Green as the doc who cared for her son years ago...who died because she didn't get him to the ER fast enough. Dr. Green's wife was also in a recent episode. All the old characters have been in one or two episodes. It's pretty neat to see.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 807
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the risk of poo poo'ing this topic, I'm surprised A) the show is still on the air after some rediculous amount of years, and B) suprised people still watch it. Until I heard ER was having its last season, I thought it went into syndicated re-runs years ago.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9615
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm kinda with you. I knew it was still on, I just didn't understand why.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2490
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it Jumped the Shark when terrorists took over the ER and released a plague of locusts and psychosis inducing frog lickers.

I also thought Carol looked very SheManish. Especially in that shot where you could see her backhair.

But maybe that's me.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 3842
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to admit that there for a while I did stop watching ER because of the terrorist deal and some of the story lines were just too much. But I got back into it the past couple of years. Since I'm taking a class in medical transcription, I can now understand what the heck they're talking about!

You know, out of all the doctor characters on that show I liked Dr. Green the best. I think I have a thing for bald men! :-)

Blue, I'll have to give Eleventh Hour a try. I like medical shows, so that one might intrigue me.

And yeah, I'll try to be around the garden here and there. It will be great to see you and Mr. Blue again!

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erie, I thought of you last night too! All the old timers back and Ernie Borgine too!

Eriedearie

Post Number: 3848
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Maof2! I was wondering if you were watching!!! LOL - I don't remember Susan Sarandon being on the show before - was she? As a grandmother, my heart was breaking for her character. :-( -

They really got a lot of stories told last night. I loved every minute of it. I wanna watch it again!!! I went to the NBC website they advertise where you can watch the show online - but for some reason it won't let me do it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's not available in Canada? Geesh!

Maof2

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erie, I just tried it and it worked for me. Give it another try.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 3852
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just tried it again and no go. Message says I cannot view from my location.

I jotted off an email inquiring as to why a Canadian address could not view any of the episodes. I asked them if they could fix the deal!

Same thing happens when I try to view anything from Hulu. Even tho' their advertisements mention they go worldwide! Why is it that someone in Sri Lanka can view Hulu, but someone in Canada cannot? Is Canada in the dark ages or something and I just don't really know about it yet?

Eriedearie

Post Number: 3863
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maof2 - I thought about youtube and just finished watching it there! It was posted in 5 parts, but that was okay by me. I'm happy now!!! :-)

Maof2

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh good Erie. I'm gonna TiVo it next week because I started to dose off on Thursday.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.