Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Is anyone here familiar with Serbia/Serbian history/language? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5341
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying to find information about a George Radosavljevic who was reportedly an officer in the Yugoslav army in WWII who spent time in a concentration camp there. I'm assuming he was arrested as a Chetnik, not a Jew.

What's the Serbian equivalent of "George"?
Is the naming convention there similar to here, or is his surname possibly different than that of his daughter (which is where I got the Radosavljevic)?

Thanks in advance.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 497
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Šorše (Djordje) is the Serbian equivalent. Good luck on your research!

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you are not related to this fellow.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugit ives/denver/radosavljevic.htm

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5343
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Dtown

No, Homer, not a chance. It turns out that the name Radosavljevic is a common one. On top of that the woman whose family I'm researching escaped Yugoslavia in 1946 and has no kids.

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a friend on the internet. I will ask.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.