Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Children's Leukemia Benefit - Friday Mar. 13 @ Abicks « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

4oranges
Username: 4oranges

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abick's Bar, 3500 Gilbert Ave., Detroit
7:00pm - ???
Proceeds benefit the Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan
Live auction, dart tournaments, 50/50 & GREAT FOOD!!

Hope to see a lot of ya DYers there!

4oranges

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bumpity bump bump...

hi everyone...hope to meet some of you at the wing ding. I'll be the one with all the green beads. Good times, good times....

(Message edited by 4Oranges on February 25, 2009)

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Monya cooking all of the food?? She is a wonderful cook!!

4oranges

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep - she's been working on the menu for a month! Couple of fried turkeys, marinated for two days in a Detroit Firehouse recipe, plus pierogis, meatballs, old fashioned chili, corned beef (of course)....plus all kinds of little munchies. eat eat eat!!!

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, her corned beef is awesome! I will be there and bring some friends! Abick's is a great bar, so 2 great things to support that night!

4oranges

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great! Looking forward to meeting all kinds of DYers. Come one, come all. Except for crabby people.

I'll have to see if I can get some bunnies for the event too...maybe then Gannon and CheddarBob will come.

4oranges

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There Is No Cover Charge For This Event

live auction & raffle items include:
Wings, Tigers, Lions tickets & autographed merch, bar mirrors (assorted brands from Miller and Bud), pricey gift baskets, free CCW lesson, mega-touch bar top video machine, gift certs for area restaurants & other good stuff.

dart tournament(s) with trophies & cash prizes for 1st & 2nd place(s)

50/50 raffles

AWESOME food...something for everyone...fish, corned beef, new orleans shrimp boil, and 2 deep fried turkeys that have been soaking in a Detroit Firehouse "Cooks Club" marinade since Tuesday.

AND the opportunity to support a local charity. Children's Leukemia Foundation of MI does not get any federal funding, so all the money is raised local, and stays local (local = state of MI).

Good times, Great cause, and I really hope to meet some of you tomorrow night. Find me for your beads!! You'll need them for the parade on Sunday!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.