Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! « Previous Next »
Archive of ArchivesBlksoul_x330 12 09-01-08  10:20 pm
Archive through October 01, 2008Originalg31330 10-01-08  6:23 pm
Archive through November 14, 2008Blksoul_x30 11-14-08  12:26 am
Archive through January 02, 2009Detroit_stylin30 01-02-09  1:46 pm
Archive through February 10, 2009Terryh30 02-10-09  2:12 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your last sentence is the most important sentence in your post.

Not all blacks are flocking to organized religions and embracing dated metaphorical filled superstitious nonsense.

Mickeymac
Username: Mickeymac

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and not all blacks voted for Obama either

Just saying

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A young educated black female professional mentioned she, like myself, voted for Nader.Although some things the Obama administration has done is very Naderish.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm checking in, but I'm also mentioning that I don't condone the "amerikkka" and "basic white people" stuff. You don't fight fire with fire.

Cub

Post Number: 1111
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with you East_detroit.

Mickeymac
Username: Mickeymac

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Basic white people stuff????

You mean like "Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night"?

Vantanna
Username: Vantanna

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm Here.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 449
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated February BLACK JUSTICE LEAGUE roll call check in....

so far we have.....

Honorary Commander, 'Rasputin'

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

LT Commander, 'Detroit_Stylin'

Secretary of War, 'Blksoul_x'

'Bragaboutme'

'Cub'

'Isiostar'

'Originalg313'

'Vantanna'

'East_detroit'

'Raj313' Welcome to the kingdom

'D313' Welcome to the kingdom

'Mickeymac'

'Lodgedodger'

Please continue to check in for February 09' roll call.

BJL members as a reminder, don't forget to check out the happenings at Detroit's Russell Bazaar for the rest of this month.

They are showcasing Detroit's Black businesses and entrepreneur's. They are also offering FREE booth rentals for the weekend starting the 21st of February.

For more information click on below....

http://www.russellbazaar.com/? id=events

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting on!

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm checking in, but I'm also mentioning that I don't condone the "amerikkka" and "basic white people" stuff. You don't fight fire with fire.

______________________________ ___________________

And, because of people like East_Detroit, that is why we celebrate history, with the first BLACK PRESIDENT of The UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!!

detroitej72, PROUDLY VOTED FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. If Detroit's Russell Bazaar is only offering free booth rental for blacks, then that is very much racist.

Always remember, "As ye do to the least o my brothe'r, Ye Do Unto ME...

East_detroit

Post Number: 1957
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitej72, they are offering them to all business owners.

The tempest can now be replaced with Adagio.

Jltyler
Username: Jltyler

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jltyler checking in reporting live from Knoxville, TN...

Jltyler
Username: Jltyler

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jltyler checking reporting live from Knoxville, TN....

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 1341
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not checkin in because I'm not black (or brown or pink or fuschia for that matter.)

I am mystified why anyone on such a forum would feel it necessary or desirable to identify themselves by race, creed or ethnicity.

One of this country's problems is that people identify themselves (amazingly, in my opinion) as African- Americans, Polish-Americans, Italian-Americans etc. We're either American or not. I don't want to be identified with the country (or in the case of "African-Americans," a continent) from which my ancestors migrated.

By the way, Egyptians, Moroccans, and several other nationalities can claim to be African-Americans and one doesn't see them so-designating themselves.

It gripes me that Pres. Obama perpetuates this practice, particularly for political reasons. He's no more African-American than I am. He's simply an "American" who happens to be of mixed race. He's as much white as he is black.

There will never be true racial/ethnic healing/parity in this country as long as people identify themselves with a foreign country/continent, for the most part, countries they have never visited and many can't even spell.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3930
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said, 3rdworldcity. I bees wonderin' myself.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 726
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't recall any reports of driving while "American". Must have been made up...

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1880
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meh...all people like to hang out with people like themselves. That's just human nature.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 727
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed. I hang out with a bunch of open-minded people. Go figure...

Cub

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like to hang with opened minded people too, but checkin in doesn't mean I agree with certain dialog or condone it.

Cub

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like to hang with opened minded people too, but checkin in doesn't mean I agree with certain dialog or condone it.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 452
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3WC stated...
quote:

I'm not checkin in because I'm not black (or brown or pink or fuschia for that matter.)

Whether you are white, Black or non-color, you show your disconnect and perhaps rawness of history of cultural pride as you might be-amiss to what 'Black' or 'Blackness' essentially describes and relates toward in the course of amerikkkas' order.

The term 'Black' in its inherent course , does not refer to a particular color of any particular person(as you speak), but instead to the attitude of pride, love and devotion to the race whose mother-land was the center of people of African descent. 'Black' or 'Blackness' was established to be the co-equal with the so-called white collective in respectability.

In other-words, 'Black' was born out of the reaction to how the hostile white collective perceived our humanity as less than of human. 'Black' in essence then, describes the similar experiences, occurrences, accomplishments associated within the history of our ancestors and the current body of population that make up the total amerikkkan' experience.

What amazes me most, is that some folk are quick to point out that our 'Blackness' is a hostile order. The simple truth is that 'Blackness' in amerikkka and throughout the world has NOT and has NEVER been a separatist philosophy, (perhaps that has been our major weakness). 'Blackness', has never been a philosophy of hate as our counter-parts attitude have historically proved to be capable. What is taken for hatred or 'hostility' by 'our' doctrine, is when 'Blackness' is reacted against being hated, rejected and oppressed.

Maybe because 'others' are the main possessors of hatred and separatism is perhaps the reason 'they' wish the race issues away. Perhaps they feel the quilt when Blackness speaks clearly, truthfully, and fiercely and unites to defend against inequalities and racial hostilities.

'3WC' claims, that this country will never have 'true racial/ethnic healing/parity'. The TRUTH may be perhaps, that African people have always been the people of peace, and harmony, and have marched, protested while being, dehumanized, terrorized and murdered all for the sake of acceptance within amerikkkas' so-called liberty__Reversly, white people (or so-called amerikkkans), and most other ethnic groups have resisted the presence, peace and integration of the Black experience, thus being the blatant proponents for a separatist nation__go figure!

Finally, for the sake of thought, explain to me the definition of an 'American' as most here so faithfully claim? Is there such a thing? Can a South American be an 'American'? Are Canadians Americans? Are so-called 'Americans' the sole possessors of the Americas? If so, it explains the hubris and arrogance of white supremacy to which the term 'American' is ensnared.

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting for!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3086
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x, you and I do not see many things the same way, at all, but I gotta tell you, I just truly fail to understand why the very existence of this thread seems to frost the asses of so many folks.
It's not as though you called it the "Honk If You Hate Honkies" Roll Call.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1979
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meanwhile, Polish pride is alive and well in the Paczki thread and nobody gets upset.

To me, Black pride is equivalent to Polish pride, Irish pride, etc.

The problem is that people see it as a race thing when in reality it is more about a culture that does not have a particular country of heredity to assign itself to. So, people try "African American" to make it more about culture and then you hear the smart ass comments like "if I am white and from South Africa, am I African American? huh huh hehe."

People looking for pride in a culture and others don't like it.
Go figure.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 453
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine in my view....

The perceptive whites (and others) understand that the reference to them as 'others' or 'basic white' will be a threat to their absolute supremacy, especially if it causes us ('Blacks') to unify and begin to understand how fragile and pessimistic the basis for our present faith in the overall justice of the dominate order stands.

Thank you Ravine for looking in on the Black Justice League roll call!

Peace to you!

blksoul_atcha!

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Meanwhile, Polish pride is alive and well in the Paczki thread and nobody gets upset.

quote:

The perceptive whites (and others) understand that the reference to them as 'others' or 'basic white' will be a threat to their absolute supremacy, especially if it causes us ('Blacks') to unify and begin to understand how fragile and pessimistic the basis for our present faith in the overall justice of the dominate order stands.

The difference in the two is, one is a quasi religious party surrounding a jelly donut, the other, a call to disobey, in not so many words,(see the bolded quote above) the government of the nation. Who, by the way,is currently being led by a Black man. go_figure!

And truly, if you live in Detroit, can you really expect people to buy that line about the dominate order? Please. Who runs Detroit? What supremacy? It's all a rather simplistic argument, blaming the ills of society on a race.

I don't deny that racism exists. I don't deny that racists exist in all races either. Can we all do better? Sure. But stoking the fires of racism sure helped Detroit out in the past 40 years or so, didn't it?

East_detroit

Post Number: 1981
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Can we all do better? Sure.

Yes, and you can start by not assuming that everyone in this thread thinks the same. Especially when Cub and I explicitly pointed out that we are not aligned with the divisive tactics.

Stosh

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not assuming that at all, East Detroit. Really. I just mentioned the Paczki thread as a comparison to the BSX posting.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My analogy was about cultural pride using the Paczki thread. Comparing the thread to divisive comments really subverts what I was trying to put forth.

Stosh

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand. sorry for the subversion.
Pride in who you are is important.

Taking it back to the original thread of this discussion, by 3rdworldcity, illustrates the (insert race or ethnic origin)-American idea quite nicely. People tend to categorize themselves into these artificial separations.

What 3rdworldcity was alluding to are these artificial constructs, not the pride in who one is, or pride in ancestry. We are all Americans, like it or not.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 454
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'jltyler' checking in from 'Knoxvegas'!

quote:

jltyler checking reporting live from Knoxville, TN....

The Black Justice League welcomes 'jltyler'!

'jltyler' checked in!

The Black Justice League continues to expand the village. We have members from Chi-town, and now Tennessee!(Wow!)

Please continue to check in for February roll call!

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 457
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's March Madness Black folk!...Please check in on the Black Justice League March Roll Call.

Since it's March Madness, check in and rep your school...ie: High-school, College, etc.

Blksoul_x....Rep'n Tennessee State University!

blksoul_atcha!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1261
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu says "Go Blue!

Cub

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub checkin in!!!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3605
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Stylin still chillin on the Island...

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D-stylin...I know you don't mean Belle Isle! LOL!

Be safe my brotha'...send us some warm weather! It is currently 18 degrees here.

Please continue to check in to the BJL March Roll Call.

blksoul_atcha!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3607
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah no doubt of course I meant the Rock....

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 621
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

checkin' in. M.L.K. 1996!!! I Hope the Spartins go all the way, or atleast to the final four.

Isiostar
Username: Isiostar

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

checkin in

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 469
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated March BJL roll call...

So far we have...

Honorary Commander, 'Rasputin'

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior', rep'n GO BLUE

LT Commander, 'Detroit_Stylin' at the Isle

Secretary of War, 'Blksoul_x' rep'n the TSU TIGERS!

'Bragaboutme', rep'n MLK HIGH, and SPARTY!

'Cub'

'Isiostar'

Please continue to check in...

blksoul_atcha!

Vantanna
Username: Vantanna

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VanTanna representing Livernois & Davison via Atlanta :-)

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 471
Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vantanna representing from 'Hotlanta'!

Vantanna...Checked in!

We have a few absent members, please continue to check in!

blksoul_atcha!

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 474
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Og313!

Originalg313 checked in

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 475
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read about the 'Ebony Experiment' in Detroit's Black owned newspaper (The Michigan Citizen). Although the philosophy of 'Buy Black' is not a new concept to our villages, it is refreshing to see someone actually espouse the idea that can show, what can, and what should be done by conscious, committed Black African people all around the world!

click to view the experiment....
http://ebonyexperiment.com/ind ex.html

How do you feel about this, could, or would, or do you espouse such a concept?

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 476
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ATTENTION:

To: Black Justice League members and associates.

Date: March 31, 2009.

Subject: DetroitYes New Forum sign-up!

Black Justice League Members. There will be a special April New Forum Check-in 'shout-out' thread on the new 'DetroitYes' forum to welcome all current members and all new members to our Kingdom.

Please sign-up for the new 'DetroitYes' forum insofar as we can continue our unique connection and support for the things that we believe and desire.

We need your support. To be sure, we have witnessed how one-sided issues relating toward the Black experience in amerikkkan' can become. We shall stay obligated toward exposing some of the on-going myths and stereo-types that are perpetuated through naive and sensationalized rhetoric that is sometimes offered by sources that are out to negate our best interest.

We shall also continue to offer information insofar as social gatherings, business opportunities, jobs, meet and greets, and other information that is specifically designed for the uplifting of our villages.

Thank-you for all your support.

blksoul_atcha!
The BJL...the color you love to hate!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.